Try out this bear I.D. test - fun

Submitted by newbirdman on 3/2/06 at 8:58 AM. ( ) 64.12.117.13

I just came across this Bear identification test . See how good you are at telling the difference between a Black and Grizzly bear . Not as easy as it seems . I got a 93% . Have fun . Rick

http://fwp.mt.gov/bearid/

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Nice Test

This response submitted by Eric on 3/2/06 at 9:35 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.130

I just took the test and scored a 93% on it!

Good Test

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 3/2/06 at 10:11 AM. ( ) 70.60.232.65

scored 100%.

I don't hunt...

This response submitted by 9 on 3/2/06 at 10:12 AM. ( ) 216.144.58.52

But I got
Your percent: 100%
It's not difficult. Work with enough animals and skins and you'll know, every time.
I've never seen a non-zoo bear, or fired a gun in my life.

100%

This response submitted by tommy on 3/2/06 at 1:19 PM. ( ) 70.98.191.2

not to hard

We dont have grizzlies...

This response submitted by Gina on 3/2/06 at 5:43 PM. ( ) 24.20.207.217

I got 98% We dont have grizzlies....THANK GOODNESS! LOL I dont think I would want to be int he woods with one of those!

my score

This response submitted by mig on 3/2/06 at 6:54 PM. ( ) 4.225.245.29

pretty easy, i got 100%

Gina

This response submitted by Crusty on 3/2/06 at 6:57 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.15

Didn't you see Grizzly Man? They're just pussy cats! Party animals! Actually, in 25 years of hunting amongst them, I've never had a "run in" with one. Generally, they don't want to see you any more than you want to see them. I like seeing them when the season is open...

Pretty easy

This response submitted by dp on 3/2/06 at 9:30 PM. ( ) 12.76.235.135

Scored a hundred without even letting the pics download completely.

110%

This response submitted by Dan on 3/3/06 at 4:23 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.130

We hunters are always streching the truth!

Hunter and the truth...

This response submitted by Gina on 3/3/06 at 8:47 PM. ( ) 24.20.207.217

Hunters and fishermen are all the same! The one that got away is always geting bigger with the telling! Too bad there is no test to identify individual bears.

Last year, a dear friend of mine went hunting for bears with her bow for the first time. her husband took her out and set her up in a stand that looked over a ten year clear cut where the bears had been pushing down small trees. There were several logs and stumps, so he said, when you see the bear, wait until you can get a good shot on it to bring it down, and only a kill shot. Dont shoot it unless you can see the kill zone, otherwise you'll have a very pissed off bear. Well she sat there for about two hours before she heard a bear coming through the bushes. The animal was making alot of noises and grunting and my frind wondered what was wrong with it. It stopped behind a very large deadfall, but my frind still had not seen it fully, so she continued to wait and sure enough, the animals stood and scanned the area. Well, since she had a very ice view of the chest, my friend let fly and dropped the bear in its tracks. Remembering what her husband had said, she waited to make sure there was no movement before coming down from her stand. Well there was some snuffling and grunting and the head popped up again. Startled, my friend let fly with a second arrow, not wanting to make the animal suffer from the first shot. Well the bear dropped and she waited again. After about 20 minutes of silence, she called her husband who was several yards away in another tree stand and he came and helped her out of her tree. they walked over to the dead fall and looked over and saw 2 bears! They were a male and a female and since it was spring, my friend guessed that she had interrupted an amorous moment. She had no idea that there had been two different animals behind the deadfall the whole time! She filled her tag and her husbands tag all at once! LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu