cry babies

Submitted by disgruntled taxidermist on 3/4/06 at 9:45 PM. ( ) 71.2.191.63

why is it when somebody wins a competition the other competitors are such sore loser's. Instead of congratulating you all they do is whine and moan, and criticize you and your work, well news flash people if someone is better than you, at that particular show well then you didn't do your homework and study your reference.i just don't understand the negativity that the winner gets, well let me rephrase something i did have quite a few congratulations from my closest taxidermy friends you know who you are, the rest of you well let's wait til the next show and see how the outcome comes out.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Congradulations....

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 3/4/06 at 10:35 PM. ( ) 204.116.125.11

I think. It's always gonna be that way. Heck last year I didn't enter a whitetail because I knew the judge and didn't want to hear the crap. He wouldn't have judged me differently but what if I won a ribbon... Don't let it bother you and congradulations.

dear disgruntled taxidermist

This response submitted by Ann Flanders on 3/4/06 at 11:26 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.117

Have you ever won at baseball, basketball, or any sport and found that the losers are the same people you are complaining about? Poor sports are everywhere. It is passed down from the parents. You will find that those same whiners will get mad over losing a parking spot, or even get stupidly bent because someone they hate would suggest that some friends send a sick person an encouraging e-mail.

Happens everywhere

This response submitted by someone who understands on 3/5/06 at 12:02 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.6

It happens at every state convention, let the cry babies cry. You are the one who put the extra time an effort into your work to make it great. In my experience, it's the guys who think their work is good enough and don't need to try harder to better themselfs are the ones crying. It is amazing how everyone is your freind until you win, and then you are the out cast, you know what? I rather stand alone and do what I do best and have pride in my work than say oh it's good enough and have cry babies as freinds. Hold your head up high and don't let them take the wind out of your sail. Knock them dead again next year!

It is everywhere and in everything.

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 3/5/06 at 4:11 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.204

Yea Buddy, it's everywhere. I compete in a few other things than taxidermy shows. Even in full contact sports there are those that say it was a lucky shot. Lucky hell, you have just kicked the crap out of the guy and someone thinks they can kick your butt.

I have seen this in taxidermy and its one reason I quit competing. Like the state local state club, it's a club not a true association. If its not the local clique you don't win. So I started going out of state and somehow win my share of 2nd and 1st place ribbons.

So my advice is either get good and compete where the association is honest (and still you will have whinners) or deal with it.

The problem with dealing with it, I think is you are dealing with a bunch of true losers. i.e. like the guy who freeze dries all those high placing crappie and enters it as a conventional mount.

Yea, sadley you have those who manage to cheat the rules.

Hey how about a simple challenge, like in drag racing.

Everyone enters pays a $250.00 entery few and the winner mount get taken apart enough to prove its a mount and not freeze dried. I am game are you D.R?

We have that in racing classes maybe its time to put others to the real test.

Or video tape the mounting procces to prove it.

Na, just to simple to go play with the honest people.

Cheaters are only hurting themselves and their local club.

crybabies

This response submitted by nobody important on 3/6/06 at 5:31 PM. ( ) 170.35.224.63

YEAH D. R. ARE YOU GAME?

Thou shalt not...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/7/06 at 12:12 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

COVET. It's one of the Ten Commandments. Tough one for most people to understand and live by though.

Sounds like congratulations are in order.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu