Some thing I must correct, for Dale Cornett

Submitted by Randal R. Waites on 3/5/06 at 11:52 AM. ( rwenglish1@aol.com ) 205.188.117.73

I need to correct something, in Matt Thompson's catalog # 16. On page 55, on the right side second fish from the bottom is a fish listed as mounted by Randal Waites, myself.

That is incorrect, it should have said, by Dale Cornett, which if you continue to look up the page you will see the same fish with Dales name credited to it. This is the same fish, but I took the pictures at two different times and delivered them to Matt Thompson, when I attended the Piedmont Mini Course in Roxboro N. Carolina.

I think the incorrection happened, when Dale asked me to get the pictures to Matt, so I assumed Matt new when I gave them to him they were of Dales fish. But I never thought about later down the chain of command on it's way to the catalog. I never included a cover sheet on and or about the photos.
So I want to apologize to Dale Cornett, who is one of the Michigan Taxidermist Associations greatest and finest taxidermist. I also apologize to Matt Thompson for having allowed this error to happen, when if I had provided proper paper work, it would not have.

So you have two choices, too, all of you who have Matt Thompson's catalog #16 if you would go to page 55,

choice #1: you can cross out my name underneath the fish and neatly put in Dale Cornett's name.

or you can

choice #2: you can cross out Dale's name on this fish above, and put my name (lol) then I know, I will never hear the end to this mistake. (lol) no just kidding, everyone better choose choice #1!

I told Dale that I have two King Salmon's to mount, and I will mount one them just like his and send the picture to Matt Thompson and have him put Dale Cornett's name under it in the next catalog. He quickly
responded, I don't think so, (he may accually use some other words, but I won't put them here), I have to see the fish first, to see if it's any good or not. So now Dale has set the bar high for me, because he is a great fish taxidermist, ( I really wanted to say, a real picky ( s * b &+~^ and you know what) just kidding again, I really wouldn't swear that long, maybe.

For those of you who don't know Dale he is one of those Golden members, he pulls no punches. If you ask for a critique then you better be ready for the answer. But he is always there at the Michigan Taxidermist Association meetings and conventions. He is always helping, striding and pushing forward the standards
for taxidermy.

Here is a link to a picture of Dale Cornett's King Salmon.
just copy and paste: www.allmounts.com/dale-cornett.html

Sincerely,
rw

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I appreciate your honesty Randal

This response submitted by Doug on 3/5/06 at 6:31 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.128

IMHO Dale (Cornetet) is much better than "great." Only a select few in this profession will ever reach his level of excellence in fish taxidermy. The closer you look and the more you know the better his fish look. I can only wish I could have the privilege of watching him male a dead fish look alive...eh? I will be at the MTA show in a few weeks and hope to see some of his work displayed there again.

OOPS!

This response submitted by Doug on 3/5/06 at 6:33 PM. ( ) 64.18.236.128

"...watching him male a dead fish look alive.." Male should be make.

Doug

This response submitted by terry vining on 3/6/06 at 1:18 AM. ( ) 64.112.203.55

I have sat and watched Dale paint fish. I've told people before that he does that kind of work using can spray paint and brushes. It is mind blowing to see it happen. I can never repay Dale for taking me under his wing and showing me how he does his magic. When we did the fighting turkeys together a few years back, I learned so much from that man.
He's a good turkey hunter also.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu