Question on attatching euros to a base

Submitted by Matt on 3/5/06 at 9:49 PM. ( ) 207.69.139.134

In the past I have run screws up through the bottom of the skull and the results hae been really good, but looking on the back side of the base you can see the screws and I really don't like it. I have some bear skulls and some deer to do this year and I would like some input on what others do to attach the skulls. Thank you for your time.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

alot of people use toggle bolts

This response submitted by michael p on 3/5/06 at 10:18 PM. ( michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ) 12.179.226.95

which are good, i just dont have the patience for them! it takes more time, but i (on deer) use a jig saw and cut out (from brain stem hole go to the next 1-2-3 holes) the back. then use 1x2 white wood (it doesnt split like pine) put bondo in the opening insert the block and level it flush with the teeth and 2 rear bones by setting it upward on a flat surface. clean off excess bondo when 90% dry and paint the block flat white(to match your bleached skull) and screw on your panel. also, if you click on the oarange button and type in "attatching europeans" or similar terms you'll probably get better advise or ways to do it than i have explained, different ways work better for different people. good luck.

Thanks Michael P

This response submitted by Matt on 3/5/06 at 10:38 PM. ( ) 207.69.139.134

Thank you for your input, I did look in the archives and did find a number of ways, but I do like your method, thanks again.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu