Nice vacation

Submitted by Nina Lukaszewicz on 3/6/06 at 3:55 PM. ( 1224@earthlink.net ) 4.249.174.12

It's just a few days until the Pennsylvania convention, this will be my first time going to any convention or competition. My mother is taking me. Fortunately we have relatives in Altoona, so we won't have to pay the expenses of staying in a hotel. Lately I have been fixing the competition deer mount every chance I get, and it seems everytime I think all flaws have been fixed, I find yet another one to work on. Finally I think I have everything down and ready to go.

I will be missing two days of school, need to get all the homework from my teachers. Anyways, this is going to be a nice get-away for me. I don't think my mom is as thrilled as I am, lol (frozen deer heads in the freezer make her gag, she isn't vey fond of taxidermy at all, but at least she supports me in what I do). But all in all, I think this is going to be a great time. I can't wait.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Good luck

This response submitted by AndyO on 3/6/06 at 4:26 PM. ( ajossola@yahoo.com ) 68.20.176.62

Sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into your deer. Just remember, the ribbon you may or may not win is only one small part of the show. You will meet many people your age with the same interests. Have fun.

Nina

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 3/6/06 at 4:56 PM. ( ) 24.49.203.34

take a camera, take lots of pictures, interview some of the folks you meet and write a report for school, maybe you can use it for extra credit or for the school paper if your school has one.
Good Luck

Good Luck

This response submitted by Frank E Kotula on 3/7/06 at 6:43 AM. ( basswtrout@msn.com ) 72.70.204.77

Hope you do well with your piece. Your mom will be more than surprised when she attends the show. Hope you all have a good time there and if I can be of some help with any questions about anything let me know ( I'll be in the competition room working ) or any other board member.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu