Sad News from Louisiana

Submitted by Ken Edwards on 3/7/06 at 11:26 AM. ( ken@taxidermy.net ) 71.29.11.85

Longtime Breakthrough Magazine employee Sally Dupuy of Hammond, Louisiana suffered a severe heart attack and passed away last night.

If you ever called the offices of Breakthrough Magazine, chances are that Sally answered the phone and took your subscription information. Sally was also a fixture at the registration desk of the World Taxidermy Championships, where she made friends from all over the world. Sally's sweet, kind and helpful nature made an impression upon all who met her.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

So Sorry to hear of this...

This response submitted by Rick Krane on 3/7/06 at 11:39 AM. ( rmkinc1@msn.com ) 71.255.140.130

My Prayers go out to the family of Sally and to the family of Breakthrough. So sorry to hear of this passing.

God Bless

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry

Sorry to hear

This response submitted by John Morley on 3/7/06 at 11:47 AM. ( ) 67.72.98.45

Our prayers are with her family and friends during this difficult time.

A very nice lady!

This response submitted by Tereza on 3/7/06 at 12:08 PM. ( wingedcreations@yahoo.com ) 64.28.52.6

A very nice lady! I have spoken to her on the phone and met her at WTC show 2005. She's one in a million.

May her family and friends be healed from the loss, but be joyful that she is now back to God. Amen.

super nice person she will be missed

This response submitted by paul e on 3/7/06 at 1:30 PM. ( amfpaul@bellsouth.net ) 65.6.122.201

prayers go out to the family
paul e

This is so sad

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/7/06 at 4:25 PM. ( ) 67.138.15.218

She was so nice to everyone. Whenever I called the office, Grandma, as I called her, (and I believe everyone else did too) would always talk to me about the type of weather they were having, or that I was experiencing up here. She loved to talk about our snow. If she didnt know the weather that day, we surely spoke of "her" New Orleans Saints. I ALWAYS was greeted with her "Heya hon" no matter what. In fact I called her Grandma for so long I sometimes forgot her real name or felt funny calling her Sally. This sure is a sad day. I didnt know her family, but my prayers go to Larry, Kathy and also Ann from the Breakthrough office. I know they are family too.

A Very Special Lady

This response submitted by Larry Blomquist on 3/7/06 at 5:56 PM. ( ) 70.156.99.61

Thanks to each of you for your prayers and comments. Bill is right, Sally Dupuy was a special person. She always made the day a little brighter. She loved people and had a personality that came across that way, whether it was on the phone or meeting her in person. She could make awkward situations good and always showed respect to the thousands of subscribers she has talked to over the years at Breakthrough. She will be missed in this office for years to come and her contributions will always be remembered. She loved sports, she loved fishing, and she had formed a deep respect for taxidermy and the people in this industry. Sally would have been 74 tomorrow and lived each year of her life to the fullest.

sorry to hear

This response submitted by JimW on 3/7/06 at 7:04 PM. ( ) 24.113.81.77

oour thoughts and preyers are with them and her family Jimw and the guys and gals at WTT Taxidermy

God Bless

This response submitted by Jeff F. on 3/8/06 at 12:07 AM. ( NaturesTrophies@aol ) 205.188.116.10

I spoke with her last week and she was trying to convince me that I had ordered a back issue that I was sure I already had. After we straightened it out,there was another taxidermist with my exact name who lived in Ohio. We had a good laugh together after we sorted it all out. Sounded like a very sweet woman. Again,God Bless. Jeff F.

So sorry to hear of this happening

This response submitted by Harry Paulson on 3/8/06 at 1:43 AM. ( taxidermyschool@juno.com ) 4.242.114.132

She surely will be missed. Her pleasant voice always welcomed you when you called Breakthrough Magazine. She remembered you always and was a pleasure to work with at the World Shows. God will hold her close and she will be in our prayers. Harry Paulson

i have a good story about her

This response submitted by brice on 3/10/06 at 1:22 PM. ( ) 65.114.92.163

If she was indeed the same lady I always spoke with when I called Breakthrough.....then beleive it or not, we are practically neighbors.

Although she lived in Louisianna, and I live in Illinois....we live on the same road. US Highway 51, runs basically the whole distance of the country from north to south and she discovered that we lived along side it. We had a good talk the last time we spoke. She told me about the time they took the train up here to my home town to bowl in a tournament held by the railroad........I think her husband worked for them.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu