Would like response on my website also.

Submitted by Cory on 3/8/06 at 11:01 AM. ( dctaxidermy@kans.com ) 63.161.36.162

I recently have gotten a website put up also. I know my references are not up yet, or a price sheet, but had to get a website as it seems they are the wave of the future. P.S. Whitetails are $450, small mammals $525, and fish $12/inch length only (skin), repros on quote.
Thanks for any input.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

OOOPS!

This response submitted by Cory on 3/8/06 at 11:03 AM. ( ) 63.161.36.162

www.doylecreektaxidermy.com

Very nice work

This response submitted by Crusty on 3/8/06 at 11:23 AM. ( ) 209.165.183.15

For an "incomplete" site, it's very nice. I'm going to be down that way next December. Maybe we'll stop by and drink all your coffee....

Cory, I have but one thing to say,

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 3/8/06 at 11:32 AM. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 70.104.113.95

YOU ROCK!

nice

This response submitted by mimes on 3/8/06 at 11:43 AM. ( ) 64.233.135.28

Cory nice website. Your homepage introduction is the best i have read. As a waterfowl man......i wonder where your birds are?

OK.....

This response submitted by Old Fart on 3/8/06 at 12:25 PM. ( ) 64.122.57.61

......Please don't take this the wrong way. More emphasis on your taxidermy credentials and less emphasis on how you got into the business. I found it interesting, but I'm a taxidermist and not a customer. Your credentials should be at the top of the page, NOT an afterthought at the bottom!
Too many repetative pictures of deer heads. Eliminate the ones taken in the sunlight, they don't look professional. Only one picture of each deer, bass, or whatever. The work looks great, don't beat it to death. Your site loads rather quickly, but I'll bet it would be faster if you cut the number of photos at least in half. Hanging on the back fence is not professional either.
Forget the price list, you want the potential customer to like your work enough to either call or come in to see you. You'll never get the guy that wants only price so don't worry about them. You wamt the guy that likes your work and is interested enough to contact you. Some of these potential customers will be swayed by the price and never contct you if you have it on the web site.

<><>NICE<>NICE<>NICE<><>

This response submitted by EARL on 3/8/06 at 12:40 PM. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.184.251

I know alot of work went into your site,very nice..I suggest deleting the double pictures,I think the pictures on the gray back ground look best.It loaded instantly for me..VERY nice work a pleasure to look at,I'm impressed..Every thing you do looks great,your deer heads are smokin..Earl

Thanks so far to all

This response submitted by Cory on 3/8/06 at 12:41 PM. ( ) 63.161.36.162

Thanks for all of the comments. Through several years of competing I have learned to be very thick skinned. All comments are useful. All input can only make my site better. Thanks.

nice fence!

This response submitted by michael p on 3/8/06 at 2:11 PM. ( michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ) 12.179.226.95

and there is'nt even a trailer in the background, it's a real house! (just b.s.ing!) i liked your homepage alot. there is an old saying in business that even old fart should be keen to"ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT CARE HOW MUCH YOU CARE" and that can be especially true in taxidermy with new and old customers alike. you can throw out all the credentials you want, but if someone is going to a taxidermist through searching (looking for who they can trust)on the web, you've already touched that person without even meeting them. great job! i wouldnt change a thing. (personally, if i took my mount to a taxidermist i would'nt even care if he acted like cecil or mr. kim-you know, a real a..hole-just as long as he did an outstanding job!)

Sorry......

This response submitted by Old Fart on 3/8/06 at 2:19 PM. ( ) 64.122.57.93

.....I didn't mean to be harsh at all. A lot of people ask for comments on their sites and when I check them out I find the work is terrible. So I just bite my tongue and don't say anything. Your work is great and I left comments that I thought you wanted to hear.......my true impression of the site.

I'm with O.F.!

This response submitted by marty on 3/8/06 at 2:43 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

WAY too much verbage on the opening page. I would cut this down to one paragraph and make sure your credentials (now at bottom) are also up high enough that they're in people's opening view on their monitor.

More fish pics with some color would be nice. Your fish are nice and a lot of folks can't see much differences with other forms of taxidermy. So I would add a few more fish pics so they can see you know what you're doing. Definitely pull out at least 75% of those pics.

Lastly, I like having the prices on my website. It alleviates all the knucklehead price shoppers. If your work is strong enough (in the photos on your website) they're going to call regardless if you post them or not. It's not that big of a deal either way. But if you're more expensive why waste YOUR time answering the phone on dead ends? (unless your prices are SO far beyond your competition, then save it for the sales pitch on the phone.)

nice work, nice site

This response submitted by Mr.T on 3/8/06 at 3:45 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.254

Now don't get me wrong, I am not being mean here, but
I fell asleep reading the novel on the first page. Whom are you selling too? A book publisher or to hunters? You forgot to right about your birth to teen life. If you could edit the page yet, you should chop some bla, bla, bla out. Many customers may go away before they get to the end of the story. Tell a little about your self, accomplishments, and then what you will do for the customer. The page should be a sales add, interesting and informative, and a short quick read. Nice colors on the site.

99 out of 100 potential customers...

This response submitted by marty on 3/8/06 at 4:03 PM. ( ) 24.15.107.136

...won't even bother reading it. I know I didn't. Stick to the meat and potatoes and get rid of all the fluff...

Very impresive!

This response submitted by Rick Krane on 3/8/06 at 4:09 PM. ( rmkinc1@msn.com ) 70.109.150.101

Clean and to the point! Great lay out!

My Best

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry

a good laugh!

This response submitted by michael p on 3/8/06 at 5:34 PM. ( michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ) 12.179.226.95

had this buddy of ours stop by a couple of minutes ago who has a real bad tendancy for dating UGLY women and he'll be the first to admit it. (guys, the drunks run home to there families when she walks into a bar at closing time!) and i showed him corys site cause i would like to set one up next year. anyways i jokingly told him i was gonna have his girlfriend that he's dating to be the model holding whatever animal in the picture and that way i can blame her and not my work if i get no business from it. he looks at me seriously and says "yeah, but when i'm at the lease or out of town thats all i have to concentrate on, cause i dont ever have to worry about some ol' guy climbing through the window when i'm out of town." semi-smiled and said see ya later! i guess that go's to prove taht there is a reason for everything we do! i cant stop laughing to my self over his honest reply!

p.s.

This response submitted by michael p on 3/8/06 at 5:37 PM. ( michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ) 12.179.226.95

in the earlier post it should have said"people dont care how much you know, till they know how much you care" pretty damn corny isnt it!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu