REPUTATION OF NORTHEAST MICHIGAN SCHOOL OF WILDLIFE ART

Submitted by REDNECK ROB on 3/9/06 at 4:42 PM. ( WIXOM@CHARTER.NET ) 24.231.249.170

I am thinking about going to the Northeast Michigan School of Wildlife Art in Alpena Michigan. Just wondering if anyone out there had any information on the reputation of this school. Their price is a little more than others but if they are well excepted it this community than it's worth spending a little more.

thanks for your comments
Redneck Rob

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I went there

This response submitted by Mark on 3/12/06 at 9:58 PM. ( misty@macatawa.com ) 64.199.15.175

Rob I took Ralphs class, It was o.k. In my opinion he is a little behind the times. Yes his class is more money, and I never really figured out why. To be totally honest with you I was a little let down, but I did learn the basics. My opinion for you is to spend your money going to taxidermy competitions and talk to as many people as you can, attend the seminars that are usually free,and get to know the local taxidermist in your area as they are usually very helpful to beginners. I do know of some people right in michigan that will give you classes. Jan Van hoesen is one of them. She is top knotch,and many things you will learn from her will apply to most taxidermy projects. Don't get me wrong ralphs class taught me alot, but personally I think you can do better. good luck

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu