Anybody every build an aquarium....

Submitted by John on 3/15/06 at 2:27 PM. ( JAKE2825@clearwire.net ) 64.12.117.13

I would like to build an aquarium in my shop 2x2x6.I am in central MN and need to find someone who could do this for me. I have tried the local glass shops and pet shops with no luck. John

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

salt water enthusiast

This response submitted by Leslie on 3/15/06 at 3:09 PM. ( ) 24.197.104.55

Look for a fish shop that sells salt water fish. They should be able to send you in the right direction.

DIY,

This response submitted by Frank E Sekula on 3/15/06 at 4:28 PM. ( taxidermy223@yahoo.com ) 65.43.186.176

John this website has explains how to make up a tank yourself. I hope it helps. http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_plywood_aquarium.php

fiberglass

This response submitted by newbirdman on 3/16/06 at 7:07 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.137

John , my friend built an 8 foot fish tank out of fiberglass . It was fiberglass all around but the front was cut out and glass was siliconed to the front . The trick is to make sure the fiberglass is perfectly flat so the glass sits on it without leaking . You can use plywood as your mold , wax it real good then glass it . Cut out the sections where you want to silicon your glass .Then you have to have someone build you a stand . Rick

Why?

This response submitted by Jim Tucker on 3/16/06 at 11:26 AM. ( ) 70.32.36.76

build a tank of that size?

There are commercially available tanks of that size that will probably cost less that the one piece of glass you'll have to purchase for your tank. They also will be glass on all sides.

A 180 gallon tank is exactly the dimensions you want. An acrylic one can be had new for $900 or less. Get a used one and save even more.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu