PA HB 1528

Submitted by Michael Rowley on 3/17/06 at 8:39 PM. ( rowleyswildlifecreations@mail.com ) 4.155.105.203

Hey Paul, any chance this will get out of committee before the PGC takes us for another $100 in June? If I had to guess, I would say it will pass not longer after our checks clear the bank...LOL, but wanted to see if you had heard anything to the contrary.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Help the bill out...

This response submitted by Lou on 3/17/06 at 9:02 PM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 71.114.155.117

If you call Senator Conti @ (717)787-7305 and ask him the status and give your opinion on the bill you'd be killing two birds with one stone. You'd get the info you're looking for and you'd be helping the politicans either get the bill through or kill it.

Senator Conti url:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/member_information/senate_bio.cfm?districtnumber=10

Thanks Lou

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 3/18/06 at 8:01 AM. ( ) 66.211.211.115

That's what I was about to say.
There has been some activity on the Bill as of late. Draft language is being written for an amendment to the Bill. This amendment will provide for a PROFESSIONAL license, not a "permit"---something we have been striving for for 20 years. Its a very important amendment because of what it does for the taxidermists of PA--we will no longer be under the control of the PGC but we will be "professionally licensed" as well. Frankly, it doesn't get any better than that.
As Lou said, call Sen. Conti and ask him to support the Bill and it wouldn't hurt to explain the June deadline either. I hate to say it, Michael, but you might be right about the Bill becoming law right after we renew our PERMITS the end of June and give the PGC a $100 each! Dan Snyder and I are working VERY hard to expedite things but we have no control over the politics in Harrisburg and in the big scheme of things 1200 taxidermists don't amount to much in the world of politicians. Rest assured, we're doing our best!

BTW.....thanks Lou for helping out the banquet. Your expertise was greatly appreciated. I'll be calling you in the near future to ask you about filling a new position I'm thinking of creating in the PTA---Chief Techie!

Paul

I already have....

This response submitted by Michael Rowley on 3/18/06 at 6:41 PM. ( same as above ) 4.155.117.132

Contacted Senator Conti and expressed my interest in seeing this bill pass. I was just curious if you had heard anything behind the scenes as it sounds like you have. I appreciate the response Lou and Paul and thank you for your hard work regarding this legislation. BTW Paul, have you given any more thought to the idea I mentioned when we spoke on the phone a few months back regarding some sort of monthly web based continuing education article and test, or even the article and test being published in the PTA Review newsletter, that a person could submit for point credit towards certification? I still think this would be a valuable as well as convienient way for many to achieve the neccesary requirements to participate in the program.

Certification

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 3/19/06 at 7:58 AM. ( ) 66.211.211.115

Michael the Certification program is constantly being reviewed. It was designed to be changed. As we all heard at the meeting some members are requesting some changes and the Board is working on getting them done. The PTACT Program, along with HB 1528, will be the Board's top priorities for 2006.

Paul

This response submitted by Lou on 3/20/06 at 10:03 AM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 209.234.147.4

I'm glad I could help! I'd be happy to offer my services to help things run a bit smoother and if possiable cheaper at the future shows. Just give me a call or shoot me an email. BTW, I do have some feedback for you about the last show.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu