Euro work wanted

Submitted by Dave on 3/25/06 at 9:31 PM. ( centexlabman@yahoo.com ) 24.26.195.103

I have ask a few of the local taxidermist if they wanted to sublet their euro work to me and my crew of beetles and I keep getting no's. I'm not wanting to get rich but I would like to make some extra hunting cash. What is a fair amount to charge? Anyone here want to give me a start?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

The way that I got skull

This response submitted by joeym on 3/25/06 at 11:14 PM. ( joeym ) 70.157.15.181

cleaning work was by producing clean, white, odorfree skulls. Others with beetles would not take the time and effort to degrease, and the skulls were stinky for months after they were returned. If you have some sample specimens, and guarantee high quality work, hopefully it will come your way. I pick up and deliver, which makes it more attractive, since they do not have to box them up and overnite them out of state. I only do work for three taxidermist at this time, but I am beginning to have more and more calls from other taxidermists. My oldest son is in college, and he handles most of the work, especially the pickup and delivery. I did not really have the goal of doing this for others. Word got out that I had the beetles, and it came my way. Here are my prices: Deer $50.00, coyote/bobcat/fox $20.00, Hogs $75.00, Elk/Caribou $95.00, Bear Small $50.00, Med $65.00, Lg $75.00. Large antlered animals are a real problem, due to containing beetles. Hope this helps.

The way that I got skull

This response submitted by joeym on 3/25/06 at 11:14 PM. ( joeym ) 70.157.15.181

cleaning work was by producing clean, white, odorfree skulls. Others with beetles would not take the time and effort to degrease, and the skulls were stinky for months after they were returned. If you have some sample specimens, and guarantee high quality work, hopefully it will come your way. I pick up and deliver, which makes it more attractive, since they do not have to box them up and overnite them out of state. I only do work for three taxidermist at this time, but I am beginning to have more and more calls from other taxidermists. My oldest son is in college, and he handles most of the work, especially the pickup and delivery. I did not really have the goal of doing this for others. Word got out that I had the beetles, and it came my way. Here are my prices: Deer $50.00, coyote/bobcat/fox $20.00, Hogs $75.00, Elk/Caribou $95.00, Bear Small $50.00, Med $65.00, Lg $75.00. Large antlered animals are a real problem, due to containing beetles. Hope this helps.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu