Opinions on silent compressors

Submitted by Johnny B on 3/26/06 at 11:21 PM. ( ) 24.171.36.47

I'm going to purchase a silent compressor for fish painting. Anyone have any opinions or comments on which brand or model I should purchase? Thank you in advance...John

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

I have

This response submitted by Alex on 3/26/06 at 11:34 PM. ( ) 66.32.7.82

a "Werther" so far it works real well, no problems of any kind.

I have a Badger Million air

This response submitted by Gary on 3/27/06 at 6:08 AM. ( ) 70.98.231.130

I have a Badger Million air that I use just for airbrushing and it's been flawless and silent.And a pancake compressor for everything else,nail guns and blowing things off.The pancake has to be in a different room because of the noise.

If you can afford one go for it!

This response submitted by Cecil 64.184.41.234 on 3/27/06 at 9:42 AM. ( ) 71.29.11.108

If I knew how loud my Sear compressor was before I bought it I would have never bought it. Next compressor will be a silent one!

Those Sears compressors...

This response submitted by Craig on 3/28/06 at 9:34 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

don't buy one if you want quiet. Everytime mine comes on it literally shakes the house. When I first got it I had it in the basement right under my bedroom and it came on at about 2am one morning. It is now in the garage...forever! Actually it could be in the barn and it wouldn't be far enough away.

Get one of the silent ones...you'll sleep better.

Hammerhead Shark by Medea

This response submitted by Monty Artrip on 4/5/06 at 3:12 PM. ( ) 69.245.173.141

I have had this compressor for years with no problems and man is it quiet! I love having the two regulated ports so you can have two brushes with different pressures at the same time.(I cut it down a little on detail and use a smaller needle). Strongly reccomend although a bit pricey>

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu