Gotta Vent!

Submitted by OJ on 3/28/06 at 9:29 AM. ( ) 64.108.146.33

A long time friend and client gets sick the DAY he supposed to leave for a caribou hunt. Non refeundable, he is OUT of luck. The hunting party calls me and says, we are leaving in an hour, "do you want to go?" I explain that I cant afford a boo hunt. They tell me the guy doesnt expect a dime at the last minute, they are literally leaving in an hour. He feels bad that they are stuck without one guy to pay for gas and share driving time. The hunt is transferable and they are scrambling for someone to fill his slot. Of course no one can drop everything at the last minute and be out the door at the last minute headed to Hudson bay. I manage to find a way after they call me back asking me again if I can go. With out saying good bye to my pregnant wife, I am out the door! I stop by my ailing friends house to pick up the maps. Compensation for the hunt is never brought up. He tells me to have a blast, since he is out the money and someone might as well enjoy it.

Well, he has quite the trophy room. I offer to mount (for free) a nice animal for him IF we get an extra boo that is of trophy quality. He said that would be great.

soooo, I get the thing done for him in about one year. He moves and never lets me know where he is, his new #, address, email- anything. I finally get ahold of him last night, another 6 months down the road. HE goes OFF on me!! Turn around time is unacceptable on his free caribou, that HE didnt shoot! When I explain that it was done for some time and I couldnt get ahold of him, he feels that I should have been able to track him down, like a private investigator or something... Then when I explain that I cant DELIVER IT because it is too big to fit in my truck, he goes off again! He lives with in an hour of me and is put out that he has to come get his free boo with his suburban. He then suggests I SHIP IT to him, rather than put him out by having him drive 35 miles to get it!! This is after he cals me a liar, and retard, and every other name in the book.

WOW! It took all I had to remain professional on the phone with him.

Thank you, I feel better now

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Annnnnnd...

This response submitted by Crusty on 3/28/06 at 10:01 AM. ( ) 209.165.183.15

WHY do you hang out with guys like him?

if that is what your friends are like...

This response submitted by ken on 3/28/06 at 10:04 AM. ( ) 12.37.199.22

I would hate to see your enemies!

Sell it.

This response submitted by JTM on 3/28/06 at 10:06 AM. ( ) 63.161.168.3

Try make up for his portion of the hunting trip.

I meant your...

This response submitted by JTM on 3/28/06 at 10:08 AM. ( ) 63.161.168.3

portion of the hunt.

same here

This response submitted by mimes on 3/28/06 at 10:09 AM. ( ) 64.233.135.28

I would sell it and make my money back. Sounds like he is no true friend.

Sounds like this guy is an ass

This response submitted by Ed on 3/28/06 at 10:19 AM. ( ) 24.247.235.86

but look on the bright side, everybody else here would take the butt-chewing for a free 'bou hunt. P.S. I can leave in an hour.

Friend indeed

This response submitted by Oj on 3/28/06 at 10:33 AM. ( ) 64.108.146.33

He is more of an associate of a couple of my best friends. The dude has money coming out of his ears. ($220,000 a year goes to his ex wife if that tells ya anything). A couple of my buds bend over backwards for this clown cuz he spends a bunch of money with them, so they put up with his pompus ass. I have known him for years and got along with him on hunting trips and an outing or two. He kinda comes with the package sometimes. He is very used to getting his way, and telling people what to do at work. I have done a bunch of work for him in the past (mostly stuff he didnt harvest including an elk) and I was the best guy ever in his eyes. Now, Mr wonderful no longer sees me worthy of his inner circle of high society due to my disregard of his lofty status. I guess I should have DROPRED EVERYTHING, and paid an expedite fee to my tannery, and got right to work on this for him, rather than deal with good paying Joes. Then I should have hired a private investigator to figure out where this clown was, and delivered it with a freakin bow and gift certificate to his nearest restaurant!

anybody want to buy a nice caribou? One nice single shovel, some nice palmation on the tops.

Maybe I should rent a truck, deliver it, and toss it through his front window.

Better yet, just a DAB of skunk behind the thing, drive him NUTS.

And another thing !

This response submitted by Steve on 3/28/06 at 11:25 AM. ( ) 199.20.121.94

Maybe you should put the mount outside your shop where everyone drives by can see it, including the rich boy. If you have a sign, try mounting the caribou on top. You'll get a lot of exposure as well as the caribou mount. It should last for awhile and then the rich boy can come and pick it up, as is.

I

This response submitted by hs on 3/28/06 at 12:05 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

I like steves idea.

OJ

This response submitted by Richard C on 3/28/06 at 2:39 PM. ( ) 4.156.135.4

Remember, "No good deed goes unpunished".

set it

This response submitted by mike on 3/28/06 at 4:07 PM. ( ) 4.225.230.133

report it stolen,get the insurance money, wait a year or 2 then set it on fire in his front yard.

I know what I'd do!

This response submitted by Trapper on 3/28/06 at 5:36 PM. ( ) 24.192.33.75

I'd ship him a crate C.O.D, empty except for a piece of used toilet paper with this note.."I'm through takeing sh8t off a-holes like you".

HAHA

This response submitted by Becky P on 3/28/06 at 5:59 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.133

Trapper, that's a good one. LMAO

What an Ingrate

This response submitted by Alex on 3/28/06 at 9:20 PM. ( ) 66.32.7.82

Just send it to me, I will appreciate it more, I swear. LOL

Nothing in life is FREE! Lesson learned?

This response submitted by Craig on 3/29/06 at 8:24 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

This sure proves it. This a-hole needs a good bitch slapping.

"A long time friend and client gets sick the DAY he supposed to leave for a caribou hunt."

"He is more of an associate of a couple of my best friends. I have known him for years and got along with him on hunting trips and an outing or two. He kinda comes with the package sometimes."

What? Sounds like there is no loyalty here, lol! Long time friends don't treat other long time friends like this. Ever hear of hunting accident? Just kidding! I'm surprised he didn't call for his Mommy.

I bet he knew for sure he was out his deposit for the hunt or whatever investment he made right from the start. I think you said he admitted that part. I would tell him your generous offer became void when he started talking out his a$$.

simple

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 3/31/06 at 10:53 PM. ( ) 67.138.10.113

He couldnt or wouldnt come get the free mount, so...send him a bill, and hang the mount in your showroom and forget about it. End of story.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu