Bodies Exhibition

Submitted by Joe V. on 3/29/06 at 2:07 PM. ( ) 24.159.105.0

Hi all,

I saw the most amazing thing the other day in Georgia. I went to an artistic display of something called Bodies. This was an exhibit with about 50 human bodies from China that have been preserved with a polymer plastic. If you ever have the chance to see the display when it comes to your town I highly recommend it. It will blow your mind! I found a link that I pasted below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10137337/

Joe V.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Whats the controversy about?

This response submitted by JTM on 3/29/06 at 3:46 PM. ( ) 63.161.168.3

If it's about seeing inside a human body, they also shouldn't have stuck that camera up Katie Courics butt!

Sorry... I had to.

The controversy...

This response submitted by Lou on 3/29/06 at 4:23 PM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 209.234.147.4

I believe I saw somewhere bodies are supplied by China and their telling the press and this company or doctor that folks donating their bodies are doing so at their own will and were not executed.
Here's were the controversy lies, seems that a body was donated that had a bullet entry in the head.
That's why some are "up in arms", they feel that folks are being executed and then displayed againist their will. And all the while China is telling everyone that folks are donating their bodies.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. But I know one things for sure it's really neat to see. My wife and I plan to visit the display in Philly soon. I'm fascinated by the inner workings of our bodies and this is as close as you're gonna get without being a surgen.

PHILLY

This response submitted by EARL on 3/29/06 at 4:45 PM. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.184.251

A friend went last week end and said it was unreal,you must see..

Body Worlds

This response submitted by Kevin on 3/30/06 at 12:23 PM. ( ) 24.116.178.139

Is the name of the exhibits. They have one in Houston TX right now that my wife and I are going to visit in the next month. The process is called plastination. Here's a link to the official site.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/home.asp

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu