waterfowl wholesale- paperwork?

Submitted by OJ on 3/31/06 at 9:41 AM. ( )

I am considering converting my venture to mostly wholesale, except turkeys and a few deer. Quite frankly I have had with customers (and friends). See "Gotta Vent" post below. I have a few offers to do wholesale birds that would keep me quite busy, AND eliminate a bunch of headaches!

What paperwork do I need for waterfowl wholesale? I assume my taxidermist client takes in the bird, does all the federal work and tagging. Then, all I need to do when he drops em off is complete my own tag that keeps em straight in my own, seperate, record book.

Or, does the whole federal tagging thing have to happen all over again?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Ask and you shall receive! LOL

This response submitted by Kim on 3/31/06 at 2:53 PM. ( )

All paperwork required by the FEDS or State (tags, record keeping, etc.) will still apply to your business. If in need of specific information have a sit down discussion with your local DNR person and make sure all of your ducks (no pun intended) are in order or you will have a lot of problems.

Special tip: Look for your inspection rate to increase until you establish yourself with the Wildlife Police.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu