Shop floor

Submitted by rw on 3/31/06 at 9:40 PM. ( ) 72.174.225.20

What makes a good coovering to stand on the cement all day
and while moving around the shop from stationto station?

Old knees get to bothering. Ideas?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Rubber Mat

This response submitted by Frank E Sekula on 3/31/06 at 9:56 PM. ( taxidermy223@yahoo.com ) 68.76.119.181

RW, I have problems with a broken ankle with 2 plates and 11 screws and I would not be with out the rubber foam mat's that I bought at BJ Wholeslae Club a few years ago. It came with I belive 6 squares each 2 foot square. I have only used 2 of them for 2 years plus and they still look like the day I bought them for around $15.00. They are a big help and I think they will help you also.

It's the shoes!

This response submitted by Ruth Wolfbauer on 3/31/06 at 10:01 PM. ( rawdogone@i2k.net ) 66.255.212.43

I am on my feet all day, sometimes 12 hour shifts. I found a brand of shoes that does wonders. Go to www.zcoil.com and find the nearest store to you. You would be looking at about $200 a pair, but WORTH every penny!

A drafting chair

This response submitted by Mr.T on 4/1/06 at 9:48 AM. ( ) 64.31.6.225

A good drafting chair that is adjustable in height, swivels, and rolls on wheels. I set down when ever my bulging disk starts talking. If I stand to long, that chair is my friend. The drafting style chairs will rise to a tall height, built for long sets, and are very comfortable with a footrest ring on the bottom. I rotate the form on the stand and do all the sewing setting down. Stay away from the cheap seats, even when at the ballpark.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu