Black Bear mount Question

Submitted by John on 5/6/06 at 9:40 PM. ( jfinger@acegroup.cc ) 204.73.103.253

Have a Question
I Have a 5 Foot Black Bear Mount with no Base and I need to sell it and would like to know what some thing like that is worth it is standing on the 2 hind legs reaching out for some thing you may email me at above email
any help on what it is worth let me know ok
I have an Idea waht it is worth But not for sure
thanks for any Help
John

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Go to Lowes or Home Depot

This response submitted by George on 5/6/06 at 9:51 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.101.7

Go to the lumber section and get you one of the 5/4 pine table tops. They're sold in different lengths and widths. Give yourself 6 inches as a minimum in width and 12 inches in length. Cut it in a rough oval, sand, stain and paint it with a pint can of DEFT brushing lacquer in semigloss. Total cost will be about $30.

Now go to Whitetail Designer folks of Glen Conley. Buy one of his handy, dandy, brand-new, out of the mold, tree stumps (A STEAL at less than $40). Stain your stump, mix a little foam and pour it around the roots of the stump. Cover it with peat moss when it starts to foam and keep covering it till it stops expanding. When it dries, dump the peat and vacuum the excess. Go to Michaels and buy some of their best fern and plant it in the dirt around the stump. Con your local gun shop to display it for you and put a tag on it for between $600 and $800 if you want to move it, $1200 if you're willing to wait awhile.

Good answer George

This response submitted by Mic on 5/7/06 at 12:51 PM. ( micafarns@cs.com ) 205.188.116.7

That was such an ex cellent answer I just had to say so. See George is great and helpful guy. Just dont ask him something outragously stupid.

If

This response submitted by Michael Sestak on 5/7/06 at 8:14 PM. ( ) 24.49.203.34

you are in Pennsylvania and dont have a taxidermy license...forget it.
you cant sell it, its illegal

or

This response submitted by crittercoroner on 5/7/06 at 8:41 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.7

if your in Jersey you cant sell it period, regardless of where it came from or how much of a balance you got stuck for.

LOL

This response submitted by George on 5/7/06 at 9:16 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.7

And I'm SURE that stopped everyone from selling one. LOL

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu