Solid black Coyote

Submitted by Shannon on 5/10/06 at 11:54 AM. ( ) 12.217.93.123

I recently received a road kill Black Coyote, very beautiful in color no damage. I would like to mount it and sell it. my question is can i do such a thing. If i can what is a good price for a mounted black coyote.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Check ebay

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/10/06 at 11:56 AM. ( ) 70.60.232.65

There are always yotes there. Black is going to add to the value alot. Keep in mind that yotes are bad for slipping and road kill are the worst. Hope it helps

Fresh road kills are NOT anyworse than hunter shot.

This response submitted by The Undertaker on 5/10/06 at 2:27 PM. ( ) 12.199.45.139

It is the time of year the animal and the current temps that determine most of the slippage.

Greg You really need to learn more about taxidermy, dont give bad advice, you have not seen the coyote yet you are an expert on it.

Well...

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/10/06 at 3:39 PM. ( bgwaite@lexcominc.net ) 70.60.232.65

If I remember correctly, if an animal is killed and lying in it's own blood, isn't that bad for it. I don't know you and you don't know me, so who are you to tell me what I need to learn? Did the information that I gave in some way constitute bad advise? If so how? I am by far not an expert but from the info given, I gave sound advise. Are coyotes bad for slippage? Yes. Is road kill worse for slippage? More times than not. So how is this bad advise, Mr Expert?
And if you read Shannons post, "recently received", indicated this time of year. I don't know what the temps are where your at, but here 70 ish. Again I don't know you but I answered the above post correctly given the info.

I have to agree!

This response submitted by Smart A$$ on 5/10/06 at 7:12 PM. ( ) 12.33.96.190

You are by far no expert. But you are always quick to to tell someone else how to do something. I guess you must of really learned alot in the 2 year taxidermy program that you only completed a year of? And that was just a year ago? WOW!

Never claimed to be..

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/10/06 at 9:58 PM. ( ) 204.116.125.11

the only thing I do claim is to have the testicular fortitude to leave my name with every post and not hide behind some no name. And since you know so much about me, what have I been doing over the past year? Yes, I did only finish 1 year, but I bet I'll put any of my mounts against yours any day of the week. And since you also know so much about me, what do they do different in the second year? Answer nothing, the second year is optional. And also since you know so much about me, any ideas as to who or where I've been studying further? So unless you can put your work where your mouth is or at least be man enough to leave a name - Please leave a name but you're not man enough too

back off, Greg is right on

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/11/06 at 1:45 AM. ( ) 66.133.133.165

Boy oh boy, Greg, answer a few posts in succession, and you get this kind of treatment! Problem is, as I see it, your comments were right on. You never chastised the guy, or told him it couldnt be done. You simply stated a warning for him to heed, based on your past experience. Thats basically what these forums are all about, friendly advice. All of us have said the same thing as you in here for years, concerning predators as roadkills and their tendency to spoil easy. Black animals spoil even easier, for that matter. Shannon, good luck with your project, and keep in mind you might make an even greater profit by selling this animal as is, rather then already mounted.

Get'em off ,

This response submitted by EJ on 5/11/06 at 1:50 AM. ( ed@backcreektaxidermy.com ) 38.119.116.86

Sounds like they're working you over pretty good Greg? Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like someone has heard the same things about you I have, we're all a fairly tight nit group around here. What I can't believe is you actually thank you learned everything there was to learn in one year at school (man that sounded Arrogant) Anytime you're in a group setting there is always something to learn. Even through I was working with one of the best taxidermist in the state and still do. I still done my second year and picked up a lot of tips on things that worked and saw some things that wouldn't, not to mention the fellowship time. I made some great friends and EARNED a lot of RESPECT my second year. I guess its comes with age, but eventually you learn anytime you have an opportunity to listen to someone who has been in it longer than you it will be to your advantage in anything you do. I know the taxidermist you've been working with and he is awesome artist and very well RESPECTED and he earned every bit of it. THIS is JUST MY 2 CENTS but maybe you should slow down and earn a little respect from your peers before you start handing out advice. But what do I know I'm just another SMART A$$? I have never been accused of having a lack of what you referred to as testicular fortitude so, if you fill the need to discuss this further with me my email is at the top and phone number is on my website.

Have a Good Day, EJ

Thanks Bill

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/11/06 at 8:30 AM. ( ) 70.60.232.65

Rough crowd. Ed, sorry if it came across that way, but I don't feel that I learned everything. Unfortunately, the past year has been full of circumstances beyond my control, including my mother about dying, so I couldn't return to school. I may not agree with you on a few things but if someone asks for information and I feel that I have the right answer, shouldn't I give that information freely? I thought that this is what this forum was about. I accept the ridicule and bashing cause that is what some here do best, but the above question was answered correctly and I still caught heck over it. Go figure.

Didn't mean to start a fight

This response submitted by shannon on 5/11/06 at 11:20 AM. ( ) 12.217.93.123

i want to thanks the guys that responded, but in all this confusion my question really didn't get answered. The first couple of replies are good. I recieved the roadkill when it was 65 degrees out. got it in about half hour after it got hit, skinned it right away didn't notice any slippage have it frozen now. checked ebay still didn't answer my question which are can i sell a coyote, is there any legal issues i have to deal with. and whats a good price. because more then likely i will be selling it on this forum.
thanks again for all the replies, and i'm sorry if i sturred anything up

Don't worry about it ..

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/11/06 at 11:49 AM. ( bgwaite@lexcominc.net ) 70.60.232.65

shannon, it was just my turn, when I answered your post. I think there have been a few sold here, might want to check the archives. If your gonna sell it here, I would sell it unmounted, IMHO. That's unless I don't have enough experience to answer this one.LOL
And Ed, I enjoyed our phone conversation, especially about me bieng a narc for the state, very funny! I hope you know me a little better now and realize that I really don't care what people say about me.

I hope

This response submitted by EJ on 5/11/06 at 2:20 PM. ( ) 12.33.96.190

some wisdom was gained on both ends of the phone line.

Indeed

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/11/06 at 3:58 PM. ( ) 70.60.232.65

Now I have to quit talking about you behind your back. Just kidding! I'll get in touch about stopping by after Surry.

Shannon

This response submitted by Greg Waite on 5/11/06 at 8:47 PM. ( ) 204.116.125.11

Ed told me that there is a black coyote on ebay. At last check, the bidding was $600. I haven't seen this coyote mount but the reserve is $800. Hope it helps

Pics

This response submitted by Kris on 6/7/06 at 11:38 AM. ( ) 208.22.177.10

Can you please show us a picture of it? I'm very interested in melanistic black coyotes, and photos are so rare...

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu