poor pictures and stupid ads in taxidermy magazines

Submitted by Chris on 5/11/06 at 2:07 PM. ( ) 71.82.61.115

I am not going to single out any one advertiser, wouldn't want them to get a complex, but have you noticed how some companies use absolutely terrible mounts in their ads? I got the new Breakthrough today and towards the front is an ad that has a photo of a deer that looks like it was mounted in 1960. Why if you are selling a new product would you use a picture that doesn't portray your product in the best light? Another company's ad shows some poorly mounted birds supported by their product, and no it is not a bad camera angle as I have seen their booth at shows.

Chris

PS who the heck came up with the Cally Morris ad in the same issue. I hope they aren't paying a pro for that.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

on a brighter note Chris

This response submitted by Mr.T on 5/11/06 at 4:16 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.21

Was there anything at all in the magazine that helped you, or was new that you did not know about that will help you in the future? Was there any information, articles or tips that you will not find anywhere else except in a Breakthrough issue, that you enjoyed reading? Was there any advertisement in the book that you will purchase a particular item or service and support a vendor that placed an ad? I would like to personally thank every person and company that contributes time and effort into the production of the Breakthrough and Taxidermy Today Magazines. I look forward to every issue.

Heck yes!

This response submitted by Chris on 5/11/06 at 7:09 PM. ( ) 71.82.61.115

I look forward to every issue of Breakthrough, I love the magazine articles. I was just commenting on the ads of some companies, not even saying that I wouldn't purchase a product from them. Just saying it is not a smart advertising move by those companies.

I unfortunately have let my subscription to Taxidermy Today lapse, and until they do an overhaul I won't likely renew. When your magazine is mostly ad space and most ads appear twice it dosen't appeal to me. I would gladly pay $5 an issue more if it had the content.

Chris

Love Breakthrough

This response submitted by Whitey Fisk on 5/11/06 at 9:50 PM. ( ) 4.153.247.96

I love Breakthrough, I love reading the articles and advice given in them. Did you just get the Spring volume or Summer, they havent sent me my summer yet. Thanks Rick Carter for the advice on lengthening the noses on open mouth boar forms in the last issue, he has the best boar forms around. I also really enjoy reading Yox"s Yacks. I agree there is quiet a bit of ads in there but I'm not gonna stop buying just because of that. I also like Mr. T want to thank every person and company that contributes to the production of the magazine.

Maybe

This response submitted by Travis on 5/12/06 at 4:30 PM. ( ) 130.76.96.14

they do it to make others feel good about their work..:)

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu