Canadian goods must increase in the near future.

Submitted by Gerry on 5/12/06 at 10:06 PM. ( info@fleshing.ca ) 70.82.64.160

Hi,
In the last six months the Canadian dollar has gained more than 10% on the U.S. currency. Analists say that it could be at par before fall. This means that my fleshing machines will knead to be increased just to be at par with last years prices.

If anyone had the intention of buying a Quebec fleshing machine in the futur it would be a good idea to resurch this information and place your order sooner than later. Our web site is www.fleshing.ca

Gerry

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Gerry did you ever take economics. LMAO

This response submitted by George on 5/12/06 at 10:46 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.138

If the Canadian dollar is gaining value, then your current price is overpriced when compared to the American economy. No one is likely to give the President the credit on this issue he deserves, but by actually devaluing the dollar, he brings world prices in line with American goods. That's exactly why the Euro is having so much trouble over on that side of the Atlantic and why the Brits refuse to give up the pound Sterling. What the economists aren't telling Canadians who celebrate this issue is that dollar for dollar, YOUR goods will be placed on an equally competitive market with US products which may eventually mean that you actually have to LOWER your price to remain competitive.

Sorry, that's just the way the system works.

Monetary policy is quite complicated

This response submitted by PA on 5/13/06 at 2:05 PM. ( ) 24.3.179.164

While it is true that the American Dollar is being devalued, I'm not entirely sure that is a good thing. We can't cut the value of the dollar by 50% and expect to buy barrels of oil still at $70 a barrel. If we devalue it by 50%, it might go the $140 a barrel. We can't devalue it too much without causing inflation, and also if it drops a lot, no country will finance our tremendous debt. The whole package is too complicated for me to totally understand, but Gerry should price his units at a fair Canadian price and let the dollar exchange settle who will buy one and who won't.

A good intelligent discussion is always interesting.

This response submitted by Gerry on 5/14/06 at 4:09 PM. ( info@fleshing.ca ) 70.82.64.160

Hi George,
I understand your position. Place yourself in my shoes for a minute. I live in Canada and spend Canadian dollars. I'v always tried to adjust the U.S. prices to be equivalent to my Canadian ones. For this reason there were no price increas for many years. In those days the difference was 45%, last year is was only 20%, this year it's 10% and they expect it to be close to equal this fall.

We have always tried to manufacture a good quality product adjusted to the kneads of the taxidermits. There will always be bargain hunters. Our success is due to our after sales service, many could relate to this. If you consider the time and work you save and spread the cost over the twenty years you will use it the cost is less than one hundred dollars a year.

Gerry

Keep the US dollars in the US.

This response submitted by Alex on 5/17/06 at 2:19 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.138

Garry sounds like you will be eating a lot of fleshing machines. Hope they taste good. I am sure there will be more of our US dollars spent here. You are not the only show in town.

Keep the US dollars in the US.

This response submitted by Alex on 5/17/06 at 2:20 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.138

Garry sounds like you will be eating a lot of fleshing machines. Hope they taste good. I am sure there will be more of our US dollars spent here. You are not the only show in town.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu