Read this please

Submitted by James on 5/15/06 at 6:32 PM. ( jmorgan34@austin.rr.com ) 70.112.235.98

Hello, my name is James. I own Fish Factory Taxidermy. I have been in the taxidermy business for over 20 years. I have had thousands of customers who have became friends over the years. A while back I woke up one morning and could not move a muscle.
I had horrific pain associated with the parlization. It took a lot of months for doctors to figure out what was going on with me. This transpired in the middle of fish season. I have about 5 people who are really being asses, Jim Dillon for one. You hope that there is still humans who have feelings for there own kind, but in my experience through all of this ordeal is that there are a handful that just think about there selves and not one another.
I was not really a spiritual guy until recently when the doctor gave me a life expectancy or 5 more years. I am 37. You really have to do soul searching and put things in perspective. I have. I have about 10 fish that still need to be finished up in order to get these people off my butt. I can tell you that stress makes everything worse. I have been getting spinal injections, which are to say the least pain full all there own. It is a quick fix to a problem that cannot be fixed. I am sure people are not going to talk about me very well. I want to just say this before I cannot. I forgive everyone who is chastising me and burning me at the cross. I wanted to be the first out of the box to defend myself. I can tell you that I had no intention to not finish the little bit of work left in the shop. I have turned away all business since the onset of the illness. OH! I guess I should tell you what it is. I have a condition called Transverse Myelitis. Also a condition called HTLV virus.
The TM was caused by the HTLV. It seems I contracted it from some where in the tropics. Fishing I assume. The doctor gave me 5 years to live. There is no cure. People are funny mammals. To smart for there own good.
Again I just wanted to get the jump on the ass's who are going to bash me. Thanks for your time in this matter

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

dont bail out on us yet

This response submitted by Mr.T on 5/15/06 at 6:50 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.30

About one-third of people affected with transverse myelitis experience good or full recovery from their symptoms. Another one-third show only fair recovery and are left with significant deficits. The remaining one-third show no recovery at all, with marked dependence on others for basic functions of daily living.
James, The Dr. could be wrong about the 5 years.

James

This response submitted by Shannon on 5/15/06 at 7:27 PM. ( ) 12.214.12.67

Sorry to hear about your condition. I have never heard of Transverse Myelitis. Being 2 years younger than you I truely feel for you even though I don't know you personally. Doctors don't know it all, hang in there. As far as people go, I think they suck. Being a gamehead taxidermist, I like and respect the animals I mount, much better than the stupid people that bring them to me to preserve. Keep your new found faith, and live every day the best you can. Shannon

May God Bless You and Your Family James

This response submitted by Matt on 5/15/06 at 9:48 PM. ( ) 207.69.137.8

and may miracles always be in your favor. Hopefully the doctors are wrong, but in the mean time, take each and every day one day at a time.

My

This response submitted by hs on 5/15/06 at 10:54 PM. ( hsbiggame@aol.com ) 152.163.100.195

Prayers are with you and yours. God bless.

Forget the negatives

This response submitted by Hogger on 5/16/06 at 1:25 AM. ( ) 72.234.131.148

Since you face this enormous burden, you should not be shouldered with the petty and comparitavely meaningless complains of a few. My way, if I were your customer would be to relieve you of the burden of finishing my fish and leaving you with a generous tip and my warmest regards. Too bad some people cant think that way. Im a little older than you. It sure makes a fella think when you hear of someone, especially someone younger than you get sick with something like this. God Bless and live good.

James

This response submitted by Bill Richards on 5/16/06 at 7:34 AM. ( huntingfool46@aol.com ) 205.188.116.196

My brother had Transverse Myelitis, and is just fine now. He came down with it about 10 years ago. Like you, he wole up one morning, but instead of pain, he couldn't urinate. By the time he got to the doctor, he couldn't walk, and 4 hours later, he was paralyzed to just below his lungs. He was given MEGA does of steroids, to reduce the swelling. He had to learn to walk agin, and I let him live with me for 6 months during his recovery. The steroids ruined his hips, which he has had one replacement, and is due fot the next one, but he still with us, and otherwise healthy. Get a different doctor (neurosurgeon), and get another opinion.
Bill

Call Me

This response submitted by jkriho on 5/16/06 at 7:35 AM. ( ) 67.110.162.100

James,

Believe me James, I can empathize with your situation, and I am a caring and compassionate person. Perhaps it was my e-mail to the companies on taxidermy.net that prompted this posting, and believe me I am sorry it had to come to that.

But here's the thing James, if you don't pick up the phone and call me and explain these things, how am I supposed to know what is going on?

I have left you at least 20-30 messages and e-mails over the past six months or more, and you have never answered any of my questions, and have never returned a phone call in more than 18 months.

I agree that a lousy fish head is meaningless in the big picture, and I have tried everything to take that burden off of your shoulders. I told you to keep my deposit money, and requested simply to have another taxidermist pick up the fish head and finish the work. If you have additional expenses on this job, no problem, I am happy to take care of those. But because you never replied, or answered your home or cell phone numbers, or returned any of my phone calls, what assumption should I make?

So James, I am so sorry to hear of your condition, and I will say a prayer for your recovery. Let's put this behind us now, so please give me a call. Let's talk about this, James. You have my number, just check your inbox.

JK

Here to help

This response submitted by Evelyn (Billington Ranch Taxidermy) on 5/16/06 at 10:55 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.195

James, I live only about 20 minutes from you. If you need help let me know. I don't do fish, but I can help you out with your mammals or reptiles if you need help with those. Call me 254-793-2120.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu