UTAH TAXIDERMY SHOW ?

Submitted by JIM on 5/24/06 at 6:05 PM. ( ) 216.190.12.233

so did anybody do good,from what i seen the judges where hard
to please?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

It was a fun show...

This response submitted by Steve on 5/25/06 at 9:50 AM. ( falcotait@softcom.net ) 67.72.98.45

Roy Cogburn was the pro and masters game head judge and he did a great job. His seminar was real good also. He was tougher than some people were expecting, but really took a long time on each piece. The highest score I know of was Dave Anderson's mule deer which scored a 94 in Masters and he won best of Masters. I put my first three mule deer in, two in novice and one in professional. Got an 89 and 90 in novice and an 85 in professional. I was pleased with those scores. I wish I could spend several days with Roy picking his brain, he's very knowledgable.

Did anybody do good?

This response submitted by Scott on 5/25/06 at 7:27 PM. ( ) 192.234.51.1

Did anybody do good you ask? Yes everyone who went and competed with an open mind and attended the seminars did good because they came away with more knowledge then they went in with. I sometimes have thought that some of us are missing the point when it comes to these competitions we have. But last weekend was a great time. We had good, fair, consistent judging, good seminars, and a fun place to have the show. I heard some make the comment that the judging was done at a national level. Well, I don't think so. If these same first place mounts mounts were taken to a national show less than half would fair good enough to earn a firt place ribbon. That's just the way it is. There were also 3 or 4 taxidermists who usually enter who did not this year. Any one of which is capable of walking away with all prizes if they wanted to. So just because there were not alot of first place ribbons that doesn't mean that it wasn't a good show, because it was.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu