our public lands in Alabama are being used for timber profit

Submitted by Billy Brockacres on 5/28/06 at 5:04 PM. ( ) 72.147.89.229

Acres of forest land has been cleared and stripped down to bare earth and pine seedlings planted.The management areas paid for by Pittman Roberson funds is receiving the same treatment plus so called control burning in April when fawns Are born and turkeys are nesting. A hard surface road and culvert constructsd across A creek I have heard that $139,000all of which was spent to cut $15,ooo of timber all of A privately owned plot owned by A retired forest service employee.there is much more about A Forrester indited for illegal timber cutting a the boundries not marked but that is all for now

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Post a link to the full story

This response submitted by Craig on 5/29/06 at 10:09 AM. ( ) 66.66.236.195

Nothing would SURPRISE me anymore.

welcome to oregon...

This response submitted by Gina on 5/29/06 at 10:28 AM. ( ) 24.22.81.215

If you see an ariel view of oregon, it looks like a patchwork quilt. Tehy say cutting is safe for the animals, but they spray with pesticides to kill bugs eating the baby trees, spray is indiscriminant and gets into the water, which the animals drink. and eventually we do too. they say its safer than when they were using back in the 80s, but if it kills one thing, it definatly cant be safe for another...

they have cut and cut and cut in this area, but the replanting is good. It requirerd by law that they plant within 2 years or less. And then when they do, the trees grow quickly and provide shelter once again, but sometimes they are a little too dense for the undergrowth "animal forage".

trees grow 40% faster than they did 40 years ago, they engineer them that way.

thats why building codes have changed, with less dense wood, comes a weaker structural bearing, the rings are futher apart, so they require more hardware in a house to keep it together. anyway, you can complain, but what good does it do? Whoever has the gold, makes the rules...right? lol

in the south

This response submitted by ** on 5/29/06 at 8:23 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.70

Paper companies spray with herbicides that kills natural vegetation ,some parmanently.They have changed the lanscape forever.The only thing left is pine trees and broom straw (a grass weed).You can ride for miles and see mabe one deer track .No food ,no deer.Makes you wonder where all the enviornmental groups are ? Too busy in Washington backing some leftest cause.If hunters complain ;they loose thier leases to hunt.

In A group meeting at the Forrestry Dept.

This response submitted by Billy Brock on 5/30/06 at 12:55 AM. ( ) 65.4.35.53

Between hunters,the Forrestry Dept.And Gov Riley, who was our represenative in Washington at the time I raised holy hell,about locked access gates to hunting where the hunting sites had been stripped bare for miles.Not clear cut in sections.Also A horseback riding trail bulldosed out thru the entire management area.I even went to the daily Anniston star,was told that A reportor would contact me make photos,and write A article about all of this.never happened.Riley stated he had "got A lot out of the meeting and would hold more of them.never happened there is even more to tell but,I will quit for now

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu