Just who are the...

Submitted by Jan Van Hoesen on 5/30/06 at 8:49 PM. ( vanhoese@freeway.net ) 216.93.120.200

"Friends of the NTA"? I would sure like to know who those people are. I heard they are sending post cards out to members though I haven't gotten mine yet. I heard it from a friend of mine.
She says the post card says that Bill Haynes and Frankie Thompson are endorsed for NTA president and vice president by all the past presidents. I wonder if that is even true. If they can voice their opinion I can too and they would be the last people I would vote for.
Jan

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

got mine today.

This response submitted by Todd B on 5/30/06 at 9:29 PM. ( ) 4.224.93.64

I also got a letter with tongue in cheek remarks about Danny Owens, John Lager, Dan Rinehart. I do not know much about the NTA although I am a member I have not gotten to a show yet. So I am confused on who is good for the NTA or who is not.

Todd B

Jan, now why would you slander Bill or Frankie?

This response submitted by George on 5/30/06 at 10:00 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.67

Do you REALLY think that Bill would have mailed out a card that contained such a lie. The card lists Larry Blomquist, Greg Crain, Al Holmes, Don Holt, Mike Kirkhart, Archie Phillips and Mark Wilson as endorsing them. As most know, that's only a fraction of
"all" the NTA preidents. Do you really think any of those presidents wouldn't endorse him? And of all those presidents, do you really REALLY believe anyone would use Larry Blomquist's name without having gotten his permission. Do you think Mike Kirkhart would allow his name to be used in a lie?

And since you put it the way you did, I sure want everyone who considers my opinion worth something to know that I totally disagree with your choices. And if you don't like my opinions, I'd hope you look at the names of those presidents who DID endorse those two.

George

This response submitted by Jan D. Van Hoesen on 5/30/06 at 10:31 PM. ( vanhoese@freeway.net ) 216.93.88.217

Now you have me puzzled, George. Would you do me the favor and tell me just how I slandered Bill and Frankie by saying they are the last people I would vote for? The rest of the message was directed at the "people for NTA" unless of course Bill and Frankie are the "people for the NTA". They are the ones that said that all the people you mentioned endorsed them. I'm not accusing Bill and Frankie of saying anything untrue. But since these "people" don't add their names, how do I know if they are telling the truth. I've never heard of this "group". I was wrong when I said all the past presidents as I myself didn't read it.

Jan, I know you teach

This response submitted by George on 5/30/06 at 11:11 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.197

And semantics may be OK in the classroom, but in this case, you imply (you used the word "doubt")that Bill and Frankie had lied about the individuals who'd endorsed their election prospects. If those two individuals HAD gotten written or oral permission, then your comments fit the definition of "slander" pretty well.

I'm sitting here looking at the postcard and the only reference to "Friends of the NTA" comes from a disclaimer at the bottom that tells the addressees that the card printing, address labels, and postage was "Paid for by Friends of the NTA". I think that statement is required of non-profits as a means of disclosure. I'm no lawyer, understand, but if I knew one, I could ask. It doesn't hurt to be careful.

Jan, I know you teach

This response submitted by George on 5/30/06 at 11:12 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.197

And semantics may be OK in the classroom, but in this case, you imply (you used the word "doubt")that Bill and Frankie had lied about the individuals who'd endorsed their election prospects. If those two individuals HAD gotten written or oral permission, then your comments fit the definition of "slander" pretty well.

I'm sitting here looking at the postcard and the only reference to "Friends of the NTA" comes from a disclaimer at the bottom that tells the addressees that the card printing, address labels, and postage was "Paid for by Friends of the NTA". I think that statement is required of non-profits as a means of disclosure. I'm no lawyer, understand, but if I knew one, I could ask. It doesn't hurt to be careful.

fradulent foursome

This response submitted by paul bunyan on 5/30/06 at 11:23 PM. ( ) 216.108.218.242

got the post card and the letter from lubbock texas. It was poltical mud slinging at its finest. it was all crap, the NTA should be ashamed for allowing something of this nature to develop.

I got my card today too

This response submitted by Jeff @ Jeff's Taxidermy on 5/30/06 at 11:36 PM. ( mountman52347@yahoo.com ) 209.152.72.12

What I havent got is this letter that has everyone in an uproar.
I'd like to see this letter beings I'm a LT member going to vote here soon.
I dont understand why we all cant get along.
The NTA is for all of us not just for a few.
All the crap going on makes me wonder why I ever joined.
It's not like someone is running for Pres. and VP of the USA here,give me a break!
This reminds me of kindergarden when some kids cant get along.
My 9 yr old soccer girls I coach dont even fight as much as some people here do.
I'd like to know what is going on and Im sure everyone else does too but we will never get to the bottom of this dispute I think.
Im sure someone will read this and bash on me for a while but hey, it happens.
Someone will tell me to butt out or shutup because I dont know what Im talking about, but I think I have the right like everyone else that is a member of the NTA here to know what is really going on with the NTA.
Hopefully someone can shed some light on the subject.
Jeff

The Card

This response submitted by Tina Barber on 5/30/06 at 11:58 PM. ( ) 12.196.72.25

I spoke with Greg Crain today and he told me that Bill and Frankey were responsible for the cards. That Bill purchased the labels from the NTA for the cards. But that they had no dealing in the letters as far as he knew.I also recieved the card and letter and feel if accusations are going to be made than the accuser(s) should not be undisclosed. I assume since the author is unknown there probably isn't much truth to their statements.

Purchased

This response submitted by TJ on 5/31/06 at 1:02 AM. ( tjfishtaxi@yahoo.com ) 71.35.3.27

THe NTA sells it's addresses? Where in the bylaws is this allowed. I noticed that my address had either a CT after it, so I assume it was from somebody with an inside track.

I don't think the NTA should be selling mailing lists...to ANYONE!

TJ

Interesting

This response submitted by Paul Czarnecki on 5/31/06 at 7:39 AM. ( ) 66.211.216.210

I spoke with Larry Blomquist yesterday and he told me that he was FURIOUS that ANYONE would use his name for an endorsement without his permission. He said NO ONE called him asking for an endorsement for the upcoming election and NO ONE called asking permission to use his name.

So George, explain this: "And of all those presidents, do you really REALLY believe anyone would use Larry Blomquist's name without having gotten his permission."

And this: "I spoke with Greg Crain today and he told me that Bill and Frankey were responsible for the cards. That Bill purchased the labels from the NTA for the cards."

Better get your facts straight George.

George often jumps in fire...

This response submitted by Kim (George Roofs fighting friend) on 5/31/06 at 2:02 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

... and then back peddles his way out or over the heat. Just ignore George Roof. George is in the personal "CYA" mode and is grumpy!

Just wait and see what his next post will be.

All of you take care and best wishes for the future!

Nonprofit - quick lesson

This response submitted by Amy Hugon on 5/31/06 at 3:12 PM. ( amyhugon@frontiernet.net ) 67.51.244.174

" the only reference to "Friends of the NTA" comes from a disclaimer at the bottom that tells the addressees that the card printing, address labels, and postage was "Paid for by Friends of the NTA". I think that statement is required of non-profits as a means of disclosure"
Okay, the term non-profit is being used liberally and incorrectly.

A group of friends who pool their money and mail an anonymous letter are NOT an official nonprofit. Since they are not an official group, there is NO requirement of them. They did not HAVE to list their *organization* name. They could have chosen to use their personal names. They chose to remain anonymous instead.

To be officially recognized as a non-profit entity requires reams of paperwork and $150 fee to the IRS. All official non-profits may be found by searching www.guidestar.org.

The two non-profits for which I did the paperwork - Friends of the Garden Valley Library and Idaho Taxidermists Association - are listed, as is the National Taxidermists Association.

There is no listing for "Friends of the NTA".

It may or may not be fraudulent to take on any name if you don't intend a fraudulent purpose. However, usage of a name that appears to be organizational in nature does NOT mean that there is, in fact, any official organization. Frankly, usage of an alternative name as a way to avoid responsibility for what one says, if not illegal, is certainly immoral and cowardly.

If I mail letters out tomorrow from "Alien Abductees, Inc." or "Friends of Quilt Makers", it would not make what I wrote any more accurate or factual than anything sent under titles like "Friends of the NTA" or "NTA Life Member Association" (which, by the way, is ALSO not listed in guidestar). None of the above are real, official, organizations. Real, official, organizations need to have transparency, both in their leadership and in their financials.

Unofficial, sneaky organizations, particularly those used in order to avoid responsibility for one's actions, are better known as cabals.

Paul - Kim, I'm waiting

This response submitted by George on 5/31/06 at 4:20 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.67

What did I tell you about me and lying? Now Larry has been made aware of his inequity and posted his mea culpa on here. I'm waiting patiently for both of you to do the same. Should I just hold my breath instead? Just for the record, I HAD MY FACTS "STRAIGHT".

Alright already with the finger pointing

This response submitted by crittercoroner on 5/31/06 at 7:09 PM. ( rkerr1998@aol.com ) 152.163.100.67

Since I have no allegiances to anyone here I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate. If it is true that Frankie and Bill are responsible for the postcards, perhaps they would care to tell us exactly WHO are trying to destroy the NTA and secondly HOW they are trying to do it.

In my opinion, if it is because of any possibility of change in the status quo, they are destroying the NTA by not accepting or allowing change. Hell, if it were up to me, I'd Shi^can the whole board. By allowing all this petty bickering and general bs in regards to personalities, business ventures, etc. to be the big topic in regards to the NTA, they are just turning away potential members in droves, as well as turning off current members. In other words, they are destroying the NTA. A fresh batch of eager and energetic newcomers would be a refreshing thought, and then again, maybe I'll find those ruby red shoes...there's no place like home...there's no place like home...

George Roof your doing great! Thanks buddy!

This response submitted by Kim (George Roofs fighting friend) on 5/31/06 at 7:20 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

George Roof, thanks again for such an excellent performance on Taxidermy.net Also the NTA must be very proud!

Thanks George Roof for the hard work and thanks again for the clever and manipulative posts. You have learned very well!

Best wishes and take care.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu