How many members has the NTA

Submitted by Bill @ Hog Heaven on 5/31/06 at 12:34 PM. ( wthoghvn@yahoo.com ) 24.59.215.89

lost in the past 5 years?...WHY?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Money in the bank waiting for transfer!

This response submitted by Kim (George Roofs fighting friend) on 5/31/06 at 12:47 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

From a conservative estimate, a guess would be from 15% plus. But I will bet that the numbers are manipulated by the stroke of the keyboard.

The real question should be: HOW MANY PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO JOIN BECAUSE OF THE EVENTS OF THE PAST TWO YEARS ALONE?

I do feel that The NTA has great potential. But there are far too many chiefs, too many independant MOUTHS like GR, BY and several others that simply turn people off. Who needs the problems?

I and most people I know really do plan to join on a liftime membership basis AFTER some major changes are made. We are money in the bank waiting for a transfer.

Some people

This response submitted by paul k on 5/31/06 at 4:02 PM. ( ) 68.57.28.101

Simply use circumstances as an excuse not to join, all the while waiting with all the answers. If you think your ideas and intellect could possibly improve an organization, why sit behind the scene sprueing sarcasm at every opportunity? Certainly there are some great minds and artists that are, and would be beneficial to the NTA. Think of getting this organization on track to receive the recognition it deserves as a journey. To complete that journey, one needs to take that first step. Your thoughts and ideas for improvement will be much better received as a member rather than a simple name on a public forum.

Paul, you're a good man

This response submitted by George on 5/31/06 at 5:32 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.132

The NTA is in a constant state of flux. Is now, always has been. According to what Greg Crain told me a few years back, each year we lose between 10 and 15% of our members. Each year, we GAIN 10 to 15%. The reasons are no different than the industry as a whole. How many shingles do you see put out each year before deer season and are gone the next year? We gain many members in or near the convention site each year. It we go to one of those "Rednecked Southern locals" we tend to pick up many more members for that year than we do when we go to, say, outh Dakota, but that's just geography at play. When the convention is over and moves on, those new members become "ex" members. We usually see a spike when the World Show is on since it is grandfathered into the NTA for competition purposes.

Well I will try to answer my own ?

This response submitted by Bill on 5/31/06 at 7:26 PM. ( ) 24.59.215.89

From 2001 to 2004 membership receipts DROPPED $ 14890. In NO year did revenue rise. It has been a steady decline. WHY, probably a lot of reasons. I have two possible reasons. One, I think a lot of members think there are deals being made in the proverbial smoke filled room. A published complete set of minutes in Outlook detailing who, what, when, and why would satisfy members who dont want be in the dark. I know, they spend the money they dont have and the time they dont have and they can attend the meetings, but we know that aint gonna happen. Two, 100% affiliation. that one move probably alienated more people than you will ever know. Some will never come back into the fold. But, a lot might. Or you can continue down the same path towards complete irrelavance. There are a lot of people that probably have better ideas than these. Make them welcome into the fold and drop the good old boy network.NO Im not coming into the fold I have a full plate already.

Kim, you horses a$$

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/31/06 at 7:39 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.166

Theres not too many BYs out there. I already did my years in NTA, good and not so good, and therefore can have an opinion. You, on the other hand, can only make adolescent nose prints on the OUTSIDE of the window looking in. You too are entitled to your opinion, but use someone else for your example. Now I cant wait for you to backpeddle and make up a Bob Young or similar name for those initials...

The NTA has done so much for so many of us, I stated that fact a bazillion times, yep, its all archived. Issues like this dont make the NTA look good, though. My comments set small fires that motivate folks to exchange, NOT burn things down. Again, Kim, you never have anything positive come from your posts.

Kim

This response submitted by John M on 5/31/06 at 7:51 PM. ( ) 68.117.27.142

pretty much since I've been on here you've slammed the NTA, always talking about joining but just "stirring the pot". Man, this is taxidermy, we're not sending troops off to die or doing brain surgery. Someone obviously made a mistake by sending out a mailing that hasn't been very well received. If your NOT a member you should keep your opinions to yourself and continue to (as Bill said) slobber on the window. Laters!

Sorry Bill

This response submitted by John on 5/31/06 at 7:54 PM. ( ) 68.117.27.142

Not slobber, nose prints, i thought slobber fit better.

Well, well well! I love you too Bill Yox!

This response submitted by Kim on 5/31/06 at 7:55 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

You can stop with the high and mighty sounding post. What a rush to be addressed by the great Bill Yox.--LMAOROF! Your such a "VERY" busy taxidermist, why are you on the internet? Are you taking a break? LOL

IF I have something to say to you or about you, I will be happy to use your full name. Since when do people have to prove anything to you? Are you picking up George Roof's traits? I know, I know! You have your own "better than you standards."

I have nothing to say to you or about you unless you continue with your "games". Live your life and STFU.

Anyway Bill, as I have told you before, mind your own business and take care of your own customers. Get your work done and stay away from things that are none of your concern. You can peddle your greatness to someone that cares and is foolish enough to suck up your dribble.

Now, other than that, you have a nice evening and tell the family hello for me.

Take care...

Now John M, ...LOL

This response submitted by Kim on 5/31/06 at 7:58 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Hello John,

Just e-mail me. I have spoken the truth just like many others.
Got no beef with you so don't start cooking a steak!

Talk to you later;;

are you dillusional?

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 5/31/06 at 8:04 PM. ( ) 67.138.9.166

You horses a$$, it was YOU who brought me in. I AM minding my business. Earth to Kim, what color IS the sky in your world? And by the way, its EST around here, so I think its ok for me to check taxinet at 8 PM. And actually, this isnt high and mighty, this is how I talk DOWN to people like you, Im also typing slower then usual, in hopes that you might be able to keep up. Based on your previous reply, I see Im still going too fast...

Why does Bill and beer sound the same?

This response submitted by Kim laughing at your rant! on 5/31/06 at 8:12 PM. ( ) 69.171.240.121

Like beer Bill Yox? ...LMAO

Have fun Billy Bob old boy! LMFAO--at you!

Bill (whoever you are) what planet are you from?

This response submitted by George on 5/31/06 at 8:14 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.132

Where did you get those phony statistics. You can't make up a lie like that without some source document. Membership has actually increased incrementally over that period and the affiliation is just a scapegoat for losers. Those who were members of the NTA with any dedication weren't effected in the least by affiliation. The guys looking for a free ride used it and continue to use it as a lame excuse, but it's a lie they AND YOU perpetuate. If the NTA dropped the affiliation, you'd come up with some other phoney excuse for those who didn't join.

And when will morons like you ever bother to attend one to those "smoke filled rooms" you like to dream about. I've been a member since 1973 and I don't think I EVER recall a board meeting being a "smoke filled room". The Bylaws, when they're followed require that the NTA President preside over ANY official meeting and that minutes be recorded. Now your SLANDER is that there were no minutes recorded in these secret smoke filled rooms. Yeah, and you know who was on the grassy knoll I guess. What a pure unmitgated crop of crap your post was. You and Kim make a great pair. And Kim, you wouldn't know the proof if it smacked you on the head though it would stand a chance of knocking some sense in there. Go take your meds. Join the NTA or "STFU" (YOUR WORD)about something you know nothing about.

You know

This response submitted by Matt on 5/31/06 at 10:41 PM. ( wildlifebydesign@earthlink.net ) 207.69.137.6

I wasn't even going to respond to all of this, but I can't help but think about when I joined the NTA as a life member. I joined this organization because I love what I do and what could be better than sharing that with others the very thing I eat, sleep, and breath. I don't completely know what's going on with the problems the NTA is having, but I do know that there are alot of us who could pull together and stand together with ideas and answers that might help us all out. You guys could go all night, putting each other down, but in the morning, there will still be more important things to resolve.

KIM IS AN ASSSHOLE

This response submitted by EARL on 5/31/06 at 10:42 PM. ( ANT/TAX ) 68.82.184.251

Kim your an assshole and your taxidermy work "SUCKS" just like you..

Dammit George

This response submitted by Bill@Hog Heaven on 6/1/06 at 5:54 AM. ( wthoghvn@yahoo.com ) 24.59.215.89

You know darn well who I am.Do we need another e-mail exchange? FIRST NEVER & I MEAN NEVER try to pair me up with that a$$hole Kim !O.K. my accounting degree is 40 years old (my how time does fly)The NTA Treasurers report published in Outlook 2000-2001 fiscalyear claims membership dues to be $95,447 the same item for 2004 fiscal year claims to be $80,557. NOW you do the math BIGMOUTH and tell me about my phoney numbers again. Now I sure didnt slander, when I suggested that minutes be PUBLISHED in outlook. Actually that isnt even an original idea, some one suggested it in an earlier post & I just think it is a good idea. You just dont like new original ideas do you? I fully expect you to ignore this post. Go argue with your buddy Kim you two are made for each other.

Dammit Bill

This response submitted by George on 6/1/06 at 8:06 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.132

I DO know who you are and I apologize. I was pissed when I wrote it and the only "Bill" who came to mind is that gutless anonymous guy who's always saying such lovely things about me.

Your figures are correct, but what they don't show is actuall memberships. Everytime a person changes from a regular member to a life member, money gets separated. Life Members dues go into a special intrest bearing account to cover the long term effects of a "life" membership. Therefore, they are not counted in the dues money. I don't know how all that financial crap works and I would hope that Craig Lewis and Wesley will be able to work that crap out so everyone can understand completely.

There's really no big issue about posting the minutes in the OUTLOOK other than two big one. The first is space. Good meeting minutes use up a ton of space that we'd love to sell to advertisers or use when some MEMBERS or some BOARD MEMBERS could submit them. The second is timing. The February board meeting minutes, due to the way we have to do business don't become real "minutes" until the board OK's them at the convention board meeting. If we print them in the March/April edition or realistically in the May/June addition, they could very well not be the "approved" version. And as I said earlier, some people will bitch regardless of what avenue is used.

And I'll make a deal with you. I will look closer next time "Bill" shows up on a posting, and neither of us uses the word "Kim" in talking to each other. I wouldn't wish him on the OTHER Bill. LMAO. Deal?

DEAL,

This response submitted by Bill@ HogHeaven on 6/1/06 at 12:09 PM. ( wthoghvn@yahoo.com ) 24.59.215.89

Sounds like a great deal to me!

Matt, good point

This response submitted by Bill Yox on 6/1/06 at 10:37 PM. ( ) 67.138.11.115

But put yourself in my shoes...see YOUR unique initials come up in an idiot like Kims post, and see if you might wanna respond. Enough is enough with him, already. But youre right, there are more pressing issues with the NTA, ones that can be resolved.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu