Dirty Jobs

Submitted by Kristen on 7/4/06 at 10:45 PM. ( ) 74.134.163.86

Next Tuesday night at 8pm central time on the Discovery channel the show Dirty Jobs is going to be at Skulls Unlimited. Just thought I'd pass on the info! Been waiting to see this for awhile now.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Hmmmm . . .

This response submitted by Jerry S. on 7/4/06 at 11:55 PM. ( jds@jerrystringer.net ) 71.86.114.226

The preview of the show talked about the skulls being soaked to clean them (maceration). On their website they state that all skulls are cleaned with dermisted beetles.

It does raise a question as to which information is right.

Jerry S.

Ha, yea well i have First hand experience

This response submitted by Josh Villemarette on 7/15/06 at 12:47 AM. ( Joshv11889@yahoo.com ) 216.215.198.170

Yeah, You raised the question to which information is right? Well they both are. We "Macerate" the skelletons that are to Dry or to hard to Flence out with a knife or to fragile to Boil. the Boil is mainly for the big animals like buffolo and Big skeletons like you saw on Dirty jobs, and the Dermested beetles you talked about? They are for the small skulls like Cats, Dogs, Bears, Alligator, and anything else you can hold in one hand basically, They go to the "Bugs" after they are hand flenced by some of the Flencers that work there, you didnt see any of them becuase the job was even to dirty for Dirty jobs. I can tell you all of this because i use to work there, and i do every year for about 6-9 months. That is becuse I am Jay Villemarette's son, Josh.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu