Transporting competition mounts to Reno from east coast?

Submitted by Stephen Goad on 7/5/06 at 11:59 PM. ( swglpg@earthlink.net ) 69.69.56.168

Do or can competitors get together and transport their mounts by trailer from the east coast?
Any other suggestions on how to transport the mounts to Reno and not get damaged.

We would like to go but we will not have time to drive and will need to fly. We need to have someone we can trust to transport our mounts.

Thanks everyone
Steve

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

where at on the East coast are you

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 7/6/06 at 12:25 AM. ( ) 152.163.100.202

unless something changes, I am going to Reno. I don't have a trailor but would consider towing one if you do. I am in TN. How big are your mounts and how many.

Some pedestal mounts

This response submitted by Stephen Goad on 7/7/06 at 12:25 AM. ( ) 69.69.56.168

Thanks for replying

I will (Lord willing) have some pedestal mounts but nothing large. Something deer size. I'm in North Carolina.

Depending on how many

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 7/7/06 at 2:17 PM. ( J32a@aol.com ) 152.163.100.202

I may be able to fit them in my suv. Email me if you like or when you know for sure. I will only have one or two fish. so a trailor may not be needed.

crate and ship

This response submitted by Hugh on 7/7/06 at 2:49 PM. ( ) 24.213.59.179

I looked at what it was going to cost me in fuel to reach Reno from Michigan, compared to air fare. I can actually fly cheaper and ship my piece in a crate. Course, I do risk losing it through the shipping company.

Nervous about shipping

This response submitted by Stephen Goad on 7/7/06 at 9:00 PM. ( ) 69.69.56.168

Joey they will be to big to put in your SUV even if its a Hummer.They will need to be trailered. Why can't I come up with a good idea for a hummingbird or mouse lol.

I thought about shipping them but I hate the idea of shipping something that you have put so much time into only to have some dipstick that don't care destroy them. I think there is a company that that specializes in transporting art that I will try to find some info on but they are most likly very expensive.
Flying there is cheaper than driving but it is the time it would take driving there and back that kills me.

If a person did ship them who would you ship them to?

If you can get a trailer

This response submitted by Joey Arender on 7/8/06 at 2:06 PM. ( ) 205.188.116.12

the offer still stands. As far as shipping call the hotel and get their info as to shipping instructions and have it tied to your name. I attend conventions with my wife and have never had anything not get to me that I shipped to the hotel ahead of time. Just make sure you are clear with them and have a room booked and you should not have a problem.

Thanks

This response submitted by Stephen Goad on 7/12/06 at 6:16 PM. ( ) 69.69.56.168

Thanks
Joey and Hugh

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu