African Safari Website Finished

Submitted by Chip Stamper on 7/6/06 at 12:25 AM. ( cstamper@taxidermy-schools.com ) 66.140.215.30

Carrie just finished the websight for Jaco and Jacomien Levin. Lindenhof Safaris in Namibia. If you are interested in hunting Africa, I invite you to take a look. These are very nice people.
You can go to our website www.taxidermy-schools.com and use the link at the bottom of the page, or use the one below to go directly to their site.

Thanks,
Chip

www.taxidermy-schools.com/jacomien1.htm

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Sorry but there prices are way out of line for Namibia! LOL

This response submitted by michael on 7/6/06 at 8:24 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.11

There prices are at least a good 30 to 75% higher then most all outfitters in Namibia. If he is paying a commission to you it should be taken off his end not added to the price.

Caracal $1230 LOL!

Going rate in Namibia on duiker steinbokand wart hog are $250 they are $450
Going rate in Namibia on giraffe is $1600. they are $2460
Going rate on zebra in Namibia is$600 to $800 they are $1230?

They only thing they are close to going rate on is Kudu hartebeest and oryx.
There dailies are slightly out of line. For $350 in Namibia I would expect a MUCH nicer lodge and more amenities such as a cold beer or glass of wine at the end of the day to be included.
I have never in my live seen an out fitter in Namibia charge separate for a hunting license.

PS I have hunted Namibia several Times at some of the best facilities in the country. And have at least 4 to 10 clients a year hunt Namibia.

If they are going to tap this market they are going to have to be more competitive. They might book a few Americans but once they come back and talk with others about what they paid they will never get a referral out of someone that feels ripped off.

The real funny part to Namibia id Europeans pay even less! they just jack the price as soon as they hear American.

Good luck to you.

"Ripped Off"

This response submitted by Chip on 7/6/06 at 9:29 AM. ( cstamper@taxidermy-schools.com ) 66.140.215.92

I receive nothing fom these folks as far as commission or anything else. Jacomien was one of my students and we are just helping out some nice people. She paid for taxidermy school but not for an endorsement of their hunts. I know very little about hunting in Africa. Like most American hunters, just what I have read. I have never been there. But I do know good people when I meet them. these are good honest people, they do not "rip people off".

I would expect that it is like anything else in life including, taxidermy. "You get what you pay for." I always tell my students to give your customers the best mount you can, and charge them enough that you can justify the work you put into it. I have a competitor doing deerheads for $150, does that mean I am ripping off my customers if I charge $350? I have had taxidermy clients come back from Africa dissapointed, either in the service or the quality of the animals available. I do not know what they paid for their hunts. I'm sure when they returned whatever they paid was too much. What I do know is the nature of these two people. I have no doubt that they will go way beyond what is expected of them to give you the hunt of a lifetime. If I ever get a chance to go to africa and I hope that I do, I will book with these folks. I will also pay full price. I would insist on it.

Michael maybe you should call, and talk to them before acusing someone of "ripping off" hunters. Ask how many gold and silver medal animals their hunters take annually. Ask for a list of references, or how many repeat hunters they have. Just to make sure you are comparing apples to apples

Chip Stamper
Missouri Taxidermy Institute

Right...

This response submitted by Lou on 7/6/06 at 10:39 AM. ( ljabellman@hotmail.com ) 71.254.214.252

I guess we could compare them to the taxidermist whom tries to get more money for his skill and his clients accuse him of ripping them off...

Chip

This response submitted by Steve Rotramel on 7/7/06 at 3:48 PM. ( rotramel@midwest.net ) 4.159.56.223

Really appreciate your mature response to a ridiculous post.

Within 15 miles of where I'm sitting, I can hunt whitetails for free, or I can pay over $12,000. Both prices have plenty of takers, each has it's benefits or shortcomings that make the price worthwhile.

I've paid more and I've paid less than Jaco's prices. I'd say they are pretty reasonable, and the facility looks great. A pool, no less.

And you can't compensate for good friendly people who are truly excited to be hunting.

I've been on the "competitive" hunts; surly guides that try anything to get you to pull another trigger on a mediocre animal.

After a noisy night at a Motel Six, I would have gladly paid an extra $50 for some hot water and clean towel. They were out of both.

We're tentatively planning a hunt for my son's birthday/graduation next year; I'll give you a call when we're ready to book.

Prices are fine Michael

This response submitted by Randy on 7/9/06 at 12:22 AM. ( ) 64.13.28.187

Michael I think the prices are fine. I book about 10 hunter per year to Namibia at $500 per day. they ahve a great hunt, the get waht they pay forand many go back again. Sure it is one of the best and as many say you get what you pay for especially in Namibia. $350 to $500 will most likely get you a much better hunt than a cut rate price of $250 per day.
Randy

Can't agree with taxidermy comparison

This response submitted by Mark Penninger on 7/24/06 at 3:17 AM. ( ) 71.111.69.40

I can not agree with comparing trophy fees with taxidermy rates. The trophy fees quoted above are unreasonably high in my opinion. Trophy fees are based on several factors: how common/uncommon is the species in the geographic area, what is the going rate in neighboring areas, and what are people willing to pay? I would not pay $500 daily rates, nor would I pay $1250 for zebra. There are numerous very top notch hunting outfits that charge $300/day and $800 for a zebra. It is up to the HUNTER to research and find these places and not to trust someone who has a hand in their wallet.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu