Just got off the phone with a boat mechanic

Submitted by James Parrish on 7/7/06 at 3:29 PM. ( ) 204.211.171.11

Their gong rate for labor is $84 per hour. I'm raising my prices!@!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

James

This response submitted by Richard C on 7/7/06 at 4:04 PM. ( ) 4.156.243.127

The minimum wage just was voted in in Mass at $8.00 per hour,( 12.00 per hour for overtime), thats usually with some benefits. This means the illegal aliens at work in Mass get $8.00 per hour plus bennies. Thats more than most taxidermists make without bennies especially those living in those areas where they " I can't get that price in my area", areas. This is why there are no illegals getting into taxidermy , their too smart for that.

Yep- Here too

This response submitted by Gary B. on 7/7/06 at 5:05 PM. ( ) 65.183.251.132

Yep- just had my boat worked on- rate was $82.00/Hr. here in Minnesota

I agree. Raise prices

This response submitted by cd on 7/7/06 at 5:37 PM. ( ) 71.199.41.186

I am getting ready to enter taxidermy again after a layoff,and I have awards and bling and junk that can justify me charging a fair price. I think I will just start out with serious prices and see what happens. The average deer head where I live is around $425.00, so I think I will automatically start at $525.00 just to see what happens. Heck, maybe $550.00. It will be interesting.

Time to go up on price ..Gas is up to 3.00

This response submitted by GG on 7/7/06 at 6:13 PM. ( ) 148.78.243.52

I think you have the right Idea there CD. Start out Higher then the rest because that will bring everyone else up to what we should be getting. IF I had a 8 to 5 job and did taxidermy as a HOBBY I would be the Highest price around are at least right up at the top end of things The reasons being is I would not want to big time Under cut the guy that is feeding his family and doing this Full time . If you are pert time why not charge for your work and then some. Your time away from Family and Friends is priceless when you think about it, so why not charge Good money for the same work. Now I understand if you are just starting out you might have to charge little less but then go up to full price after a year. Like I posted awhile back, I had a plumber fix a water pipe in the shop and it cost me 85.00 and he was there for one hour and that's included having to run back to his shop a few miles away to get a ladder. I was just talking to my sister in-law in Atlanta Georgia and did you know that if you had just moved into the Good old USA that you don't have to pay taxes for 7 years if you have a business. Yep and YOU Guess it after the 7 years are up they sell it to another family member from over seas or where every they came from and it starts ALL over . Unreal how this world is getting DEEPER and DEEPER in Debt. GEEEESSS I Wonder Why? Well I said my 2 cents worth. Somebody else get up on the box. You will find if you charge more for your mounts you will get the top end customers and you will net get the dead beats that don't have the Money when you call and tell them that the mount is done. It only cost a little bit more to go First Class.

Hope everyone has a Great Weekend. And Take the weekend off everyone else does and WE should also. Take your kids or Dad fishing or call up an old buddy and go wet a line.
GG

RV mechanic

This response submitted by Joe on 7/7/06 at 10:54 PM. ( exciter@woh.rr.com ) 24.210.156.107

We just was at the R.V. dealership = $115.00 Per Hr.

WOW!

You gottta pay if you wanta play

This response submitted by 93 octane in my boat (ouch) on 7/7/06 at 11:22 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.136

Not defending boat mechanic's, but keep in mind they only work half a year.

michigan min wage

This response submitted by m on 7/8/06 at 8:33 AM. ( ) 68.248.119.3

going up to 7.45 /hr. My seasonal help will get a 2 dollar per hour raise, and of course full timers expect a raise too. I just raised prices I guess I will raise them again

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu