Shipping Questions

Submitted by Lee on 7/12/06 at 4:34 PM. ( ) 69.162.36.56

I am going to be shipping some european elk from east coast to the west. I am trouble as to how to build a crate and how to ship it. I was not sure if i should build a crate from wood then enclose the sides with cardboard or let it open. Also if anyone knows of any reliable companies to deal with for this shipping task please let me know. Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. My first time for this!

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

telephone book

This response submitted by newbirdman on 7/12/06 at 6:36 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.137

Did you even bother to check your telephone book for shipping companies ? There are a lot of places that pack , crate and ship your items. Rick

Lee

This response submitted by Matt on 7/12/06 at 9:50 PM. ( wildifebydesign@earthlink.net ) 207.69.137.13

I'm currently crating a wt to go from Ohio to Florida. Build your own crate. Why pay someone else to do it when it's not that hard. Take good measurements on the animal size and build a crate to those specifications. Weigh your mount on a digital scale. Once you build the crate, take it down to who ever you're shipping with and get the weight of the crate and add the weight of the mount and get the shipping costs. Call your customer with the shipping costs AND the cost of your labor to build the crate. E-mail me if you have any questions.

Matt
www.wildlifebydesign.net

Shipping Crate

This response submitted by Kelly on 7/13/06 at 2:46 PM. ( lgtk@pctcnet.net ) 69.4.110.66

We are the crate people.."Ready To Go" ...any size professional crates..light weight and inexpensive..Much less then you can possiably buy the lumber for! want a price on a wood panel type exterior frame crate ? call toll free 1 866 353 3101 or e-mail.
We provide and send at least 10 crates year around to taxidermists
in the USA. and deliver here in Wisconsin another 6 to 8 crates a week.We make a complete line of shipping crates for fine arts, museums
and commercial product export. But we DO NOT do our own Taxidermy !
Our time is valuable and is best spent doing what we do best.Crates.

I beg to differ

This response submitted by Matt on 7/13/06 at 10:02 PM. ( wildifebydesign@earthlink.net ) 207.69.137.35

I have less than 10.00 in a very sturdy, light weight crate, can you sell one for that?

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu