Some encouraging NTA News

Submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/24/06 at 2:00 AM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 207.200.116.203

I put a motion in place to deal with the affiliation issue. What ever the end result of affiliation everyone pretty much agrees that the current program is not working, including the person that started it. The committee will bring to the board hopefully before the Sept. conference call meeting a recommendation to either drop the affiliation program completely or not require affiliated states to be 100%. We are developing a program of sanctioned competitions that any state can participate in. NTA members in all states will be able to earn points for "Award of Excellence" and for certification. This board has worked hard to do what the members want and it is your duty to demand we continue on that path. Hold us accountable with your votes. It works. Contact us and see what we believe in. But take the time to find out who is working for you. There is a program going now that would make any taxidermist that doesn't join the NTA responsible for cheating himself. This is what I mean. Anyone that joins the NTA or renews their membership after Oct. 1, 2006 will receive with there renewal packet a number of discount coupons. Many suppliers tanners, base makers, skull cleaners will be giving the NTA these coupons and many more have not been contacted yet. Each coupon will be worth a ten percent discount from that supplier. If you spend five hundred dollars on supplies from these suppliers, you will pay your self back for your membership.
If you spend a thousand, you will double the cost of your membership.
and on and on. This is a no brainer. Join the NTA and you can save hundreds of dollars. The suppliers win, the members win and the NTA wins. And we all win because we become a stronger voice for the taxidermist. This is an exciting time for the NTA.
Now if you ask "what can the NTA do for me" I can tell you. Any suppliers can participate and if they don't they are losing out.
These coupons will only be available to NTA members when they join or renew. Lifetime members will get the coupons with their reference photos. If the program is successful you will get a new batch every year. Call for details or questions. Tony Finazzo 909-886-8640 There are some great times ahead for YOU and the NTA. If you can't eat those ribbons you can buy groceries with what you will save. This is a win win for everyone. Just do it.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Suppliers

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/24/06 at 2:06 AM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 207.200.116.12

If you want to participate in the coupon program call me and I'll tell you what you need to do.
For the price of printing two reams of paper you can reach many customers, and help the NTA.

Just one question

This response submitted by Gary Australia on 7/24/06 at 5:16 AM. ( ) 218.214.25.75

As a lifetime member, l cannot recall receiving a renewall packet ever, probably because l am always renewed.
Do Life Members also receive coupons for these discounts?

Gary

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/24/06 at 10:54 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.12

The answer is, YES Lifetime members get it. You should be getting a reference photo page every year. The plan is to include the coupons in that for Life members. If you don't get it after Feb call headquarters and let them know. Nobody is left out. All NTA members will get the coupons.

Tell a Friend

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/24/06 at 11:15 AM. ( ) 207.200.116.12

We all have friends that are not in the NTA tell them the affiliation program is changing and tell them about the coupons. Ask your state President to contact us for questions and to post this news in your news letter.
Thanks
Tony Finazzo

Sanctioned competitions

This response submitted by mike d on 7/24/06 at 12:11 PM. ( ) 71.84.167.232

This is great to hear!
I have always felt that something along these lines should be available to NTA members in non-affiliated states.
When Oregon dropped affiliation we continued to use NTA judges and NTA scoresheets; why shouldn't members who continued their NTA memnerships get credit for their efforts?
Oregon renewed its affiliation this year, so it is perhaps a moot point for us, but others have not - stand up for those NTA members!

Tony has the support of many of us

This response submitted by George on 7/24/06 at 12:44 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.72

This is an issue that Tony and I have long agreed on and he's finally put it up front and out front.

Tony, you did a great job at the convention and pulling off the awards presentations flawlessly, even if you fly was unzipped. LMAO. Super job.

Affiliation

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/24/06 at 2:12 PM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 207.200.116.12

I hope we can have a solid answer for everyone right after the Sept. NTA board meeting on the conference call. A program will be motioned and the board will vote. Let your wishes be known to all the board members.

Sure sounds rabid to me

This response submitted by George on 7/25/06 at 8:57 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 68.216.187.23

I'm just amazed at the mentality who uses the NTA as the whipping post when every other major organization in this country operates under the same guidelines. Start with the NEA, now there's a MANDATE for school teachers. How about the Boy Scouts, the Girls Scouts,and the other scout groups. I've already spoken about the outdoors groups, all of which require commitment before involvement. Want to go further? How about your diocese or your synod in your churches? Why, I'd bet I couldn't get any farther in your museum than the showrooms if I didn't have some sort of ID proving my position. It seems pretty futile to even argue with someone with little or no vested interest in the subject. As I said, this is a moot point. The affiliation decision has been made and seems to be working quite well for us. Because a few malcontents wish us failure won't make it so.

Someone placed this here other than George

This response submitted by PA on 7/25/06 at 9:18 PM. ( ) 24.3.179.164

It was originally posted in a large discussion back in 2003 - http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/IndustryArticles/03/g/03EF36CCB3.html

Someone is trying to start a fight

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/25/06 at 9:59 PM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 207.200.116.12

George supports fixing the affiliation program. I'm glad steven saw it too.
Tony

George

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 6/4/06 on 7/25/06 at 10:27 PM. ( ) 68.216.187.39

I just got confused by a reply you made to Danny about the affiliated states. I think this was it, "I'm sure those 20+ states who stuck through the affiliation will be delighted in your decision to cut and run." I wasn't sure if you changed your mind?

Stephen, don't rewrite history

This response submitted by George on 7/25/06 at 10:47 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 68.216.187.39

As I've said, you and several others insist on polarizing this issue of mine being bigger or better than yours. In my opinion, though your argument for state associations is valid, it's myopic in that there are only 27 states with actual state associations. That leaves 46% of the states unrepresented locally. Of those 27, 22 are NTA affiliates. That means that 82% of states with associations agree with the NTA and only 18% have your mindset. I'm tired of arguing the obvious and I recognize that I can't convince you or those other rabid anti-NTA people. Time for us both to accept that and move on. I'm not going to change my beliefs and I work about as hard as I possibly can for those ideas and ideals. You'll just have to do the same I suppose.

Funny

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/25/06 at 11:55 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.12

George and I now have the same IP address LOL

Whoever is posting these copies

This response submitted by PA on 7/26/06 at 7:38 AM. ( ) 147.72.68.109

Is probably responding to the statement the real George made above - "This is an issue that Tony and I have long agreed on". It is possible that George has "long agreed" with Tony on many stances in relation to not hurting the NTA members who do belong to non-affiliated states, but from my perspective George has been the leading advocate on this forum to insist on states being affiliated.

I would hope that Mr. Edwards deletes the copied and pasted responses put here by Mr. or Ms. 68.216.187.39

I am Glad that Tony and others are seeing ways to improve the NTA other than punitively treating NTA members in non-affiliated states. I sincerely doubt in these financially trying times though that NTA membership will ever reach the 4000 member plateau. Since Louisville is about as close as a meeting might come in the next decade I might even consider joining - especially if Tony runs for President.

Someone has flip floped big time

This response submitted by Tony Finazzo on 7/26/06 at 9:43 AM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 68.216.187.39

George SUPPORTS fixing the affiliation program! I'm glad Steven saw it too!
Tony

Thanx Stephen and Tony

This response submitted by George on 7/26/06 at 3:09 PM. ( The real one ) 205.188.117.12

Tony knows that I have supported SOME method of not alienating our NTA members in non-affiliated states for years. When Tony thought up the gold,silver,bronze suggestion, I supported that. When Dan Rinehart went to Washington state, I had the president of Washington talk with Dan about just that same idea. As I get older, I see the honor and integrity of my parents has given way to whiners and malcontents who'd rather slander someone than to take actions. I literally grew up in the military and in that environment, one can only argue a point until the order has been given. I fought the idea of affiliation as an "iron curtain" idea from its inception, but when I was elected to the board, the "order had been given". Affiliation was the mandate and I saw it as my job to preach the party line. I did and I still do to a great degree. But ANYONE who has any inkling about me and what I'm about knows that regardless of MY feelings on an issue, the membership of the NTA will always come first. The membership is demanding some relief and the affiliated states are demanding some protection of their committment. I think there's ways to appease both sides of this issue and I support exploring it. If that's hubris, then so be it. I don't consider "flip-flop" valid unless it's three-fold (ala John Kerry). A person who'll fight to the end to protect an idea simply because it was his initial claim is a fool if the conditions around it have changed. Much has changed in the last couple years and I'm not too proud to say that clearer and newer ideas deserve exploration.

I am glad of one thing: Whomever this charlatan is, I am gratified that he or she had the stamina to glean through all those archives to cut and paste from ideas posted over 3 years ago. SOMEONE found the orange SEARCH icon.

3 yrs old? check the archves!

This response submitted by George on 7/26/06 at 5:01 PM. ( The real one ) 68.216.187.23

"I'm sure those 20+ states who stuck through the affiliation will be delighted in your decision to cut and run." G.R.(note to self 6/4/06)

LMAO Definitely not me!

This response submitted by George on 7/26/06 at 6:35 PM. ( ) 205.188.117.12

Maybe you should've cut and pasted "archives" instead of misspelling it. The 3 years I was referring to was when Tony originally came up with the medallion memberships idea. I obviously was giving you more credit that you deserved there too.

Unbelievable!

This response submitted by cut /pasted from a small fraction of bloviating on 7/27/06 at 9:16 PM. ( never never land ) 68.216.187.22

from REAL threads from REAL people ON TOPIC and no one gives a rip that they have been ripped from one end to the next, dishonored, debased, and humiliated by the idiot prince of the NTA for their personal views against the 100% mandate for the past six years! Now George is all for Tony's ideas of scrapping it! Hurrah for Tony and the NTA! But shesh! what a yellow dog George has Shown himself to be, and those he has bashed repeatedly say absolutely nothing!
Unbelievable!

Oh yea and his explination, ahhh the millitary made me do it, and he has been against it from the beginning! What an idiot.

Whoever

This response submitted by Tony fFinazzo on 7/27/06 at 10:08 PM. ( finazducks@aol.com ) 207.200.116.12

George was for the program when it started. I never have been for it. I'm from California and my members were getting screwed. Many that were for it originally have come to realize it isn't working. Please forgive me if I ever change my mind. That's called adaptability. It really is what separates us from the Apes. They will keep doing the same thing unless it hurts. Humans have to change things that hurts others. It's a sign of good leadership. George is pretty rational about this change of opinion. Let's all applaud the effort to change this issue and try to convince the few that want it to stay, that they are wrong. Either way we should know by Sept. We are scheduled to have a teleconference board meeting then. If it takes place things should change.

Hmmmmm!

This response submitted by George on 7/27/06 at 10:40 PM. ( ) 68.216.187.41

#1 "I fought the idea of affiliation as an "iron curtain" idea FROM IT"S INCEPTION. But affiliation was the mandate and I saw it as my job to PREACH(I.E, rip, smear, destroy the opposition) the party line.(LOOK ABOVE!)
#2 APES? King Cong forgot more about human fraility than george will ever PRETEND to know.
#3 Good for you and the NTA Tony, just be commonsensical will ya? shesh!

Well, I'll concede one other thing

This response submitted by George on 7/28/06 at 12:28 PM. ( ) 152.163.100.72

When you're totally gutless and hide behind someone elses name, you never have to justify your existence. Rather surprising I might add. I always thought people from Georgia had integrity of their thoughts. Muss be a transplanted Yankee. LMAO.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu