Thank you NTA!

Submitted by Chad on 7/26/06 at 10:36 AM. ( ) 70.109.174.231

This was my first NTA show and I would say if you haven't been to a show like this you're missing out! I saw many great seminars. I say it as I see it and want to give some thanks for a fish guy who took some time to really show his stuff and didn't hold back. I want to say that Rick Krane of New Hampshire artistry put on one of the most in depth seminars on understanding fish and painting. I don't want to embarrass Mr. Krane but he got his stuff lost in travel but was still able to do a carving seminar and a paint seminar. I find that impressive. I learned so much thank you Mr. Krane for taking the extra time to show every one.
I learned that you must look at it as having fun and to take risks with knowledge backing you up. I was a bit intimidated with a seminar I went to on competing stuff and learning almost that judges look for formula's of work and to hear to never do this or that was dishearten but to hear from another fish master that you can do it all as long as you do it well and won't be look at as doing it wrong or against the formula was enough to make me feel like I can do it!
Mr. Phil Sousey's Mountain Lion was the best piece for me at the show! I don't know how any one could do a better Mountain Lion. Really there was so many inspirational pieces there it was unbelievable! I will be there in Kentucky next year!
Thank you NTA and thank you Mr. Krane for sparking my interest to compete and do better work!

Chad

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Your very welcome

This response submitted by Rick Krane on 7/26/06 at 10:52 AM. ( rmkinc1@msn.com ) 70.20.41.100

Chad I'm glad you attended and learned some things from a great convention in Billings Montana. I too learned allot and got to see old friends and make some new ones too.

A very big Thank you goes out for me to all the folks that put it all together! No light task to make some thing so big work so well.

Jim Marsico of Cody WY is not just a great artist but a truly awesome fisherman! Jim took World Champion (Brother Fish Head) Dave Campbell of Tacoma Washington fishing for Cutthroats on a beautiful river near his business and studio. We all caught so many fish it was like a dream! Rainbow, cutbows, browns and cutthroats alike! I want to say thank you Jim for making me look like a good fisherman!

The Show was great and the experiences that one can take way from an event such as the one in Billing is priceless!

My Best!

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry
312 Chesterfield Rd
Hinsdale NH 03451
603-336-7296

Wow a formula

This response submitted by GB on 7/26/06 at 8:10 PM. ( ) 63.23.139.255

Chad here is my secret formula. Make an animal look real add a display that accents your mount and realize that the more difficulty you can work in to the piece the better you will score. Thats the secret but please don't tell anyone else...

Not being a fish guy, GB, I hate to disagree

This response submitted by George on 7/26/06 at 9:49 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.70

But in a much earlier life, I dove (as in 3 meter board) competitively. The "degree of difficulty" was always a big player in those competitions. If I dove first, I'd pick a high degree and try to nail it. But if I was down in the order, I'd wait to see what was happening. A guy who couldn't pull a dive off would allow me to take a lower degree of difficulty and if I could nail that, I could medal. Adding any degree of difficulty only relates to a better score IF you can pull it off. If you can't, it decreases the score at the same rate of difficulty. I shoulda stuck to diving.

assumptions

This response submitted by GB on 7/26/06 at 11:13 PM. ( ) 63.23.139.255

Sorry George I assumed that it was a given that it (The difficult task)needed to be pulled off. I forgot I was on taxidermy net --You can't assume anything.

LOL Gary

This response submitted by George on 7/27/06 at 8:09 AM. ( ) 64.12.117.10

I didn't mean that in the smart way it may have sounded. I know you have also seen guys work intricate poses that were way above their talent levels. There's something sad to see a great idea done poorly. I can think up some great pieces and their interaction, but only in the hands of masters do they truly come to life.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu