PA Taxidermy License Update

Submitted by Dan Snyder on 8/7/06 at 10:24 AM. ( ottercreektaxidermy@outdrs.net ) 65.130.252.202

Because of previously posted questions about sent checks, multiple year permits, where's my permit, etc...

Below is the response from Richard Palmer, PGC - he is responding to the attached question from the PDA. -- Response received 8-4-06

Remember when reading this response that the signing date of the bill was 7-7-06

(Richard Palmer, PGC Response)
The situation is confusing, but you have it correct. If we cashed their check prior to the signing date on the bill, we issued them the permit. However application received afterwards we have held and are returning the checks, We drafted a letter today to send out to notify both the propagators and the taxidermists that should go out early next week. Feel free to call if you have any questions.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 12:17 PM
To: Palmer, Richard
Cc: Martin, Mary; 'ottercreektaxidermy@outdrs.net'
Subject: checks for taxidermy permits

We are a little confused, but I believe that is natural. Will your agency be returning checks they have received from renewals or new applicants for taxidermy from 7/1/06 back to the licensee? Some folks have called and asked us whether their check will be sent to our agency, but I've explained that we cannot accept checks made out to the PA Game Commission and that they will receive them back from your agency. Am I wrong on this assumption?

Sue Berkheimer

Administrative Officer, Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg PA 17110
717-772-2852; fax: 717-787-1868

(Response from Dan)
Also, if you have indeed sent the PGC money for multiple year permits the PDA already has a listing of all PGC permitted taxidermists and their expiration dates. The PDA has assured the PTA that those that have multiple year permits will be honored with the PDA - you won't be loosing any previously paid money.

All current permittees will be receiving the new taxidermy information as soon as it's available - hopefully sometime in early October. Remember they have 90 days from the signing of the bill which was 7-7-06.

If you have further questions about this whole process please take the time and give me a call 724-253-4374 or send me an email.

We're currently working with the PDA on the new rules/regulations and a Pennsylvania Taxidermist User's Guide that will be issued with the new Licenses.

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu

Return to The Taxidermy Industry Category Menu