ALBINO BEAVER!

Submitted by micheal on 4/6/02. ( ) 64.33.137.87

I caught a beaver this winter in a leg trap and it was pure white with pink eyes. the paddle was even pinkish. is it an albino.
is it rare?

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

yes

This response submitted by don dawson on 4/6/02. ( naturesway@wjls.net ) 63.126.213.77

yes this is rare,e-mail if u would like sell it?

Not SCIENTIFICALLY

This response submitted by George on 4/6/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.208.107

But practically, taxidermists would think it's rare. Albinism and melanism are both "uncommon" traits passed through genetics. Scientists say that both occur equally, but finding a black beaver would seem more "uncommon" than an albino simply because albinos are so WHITE.

yea-yea

This response submitted by mike on 4/6/02. ( ) 63.126.213.77

yea-yea goerge WHAT EVER!

White Beavers

This response submitted by cur on 4/6/02. ( wildart@prodigy.net ) 64.196.210.161

Are, as George mentioned, nearly equal to melanstic or black beavers by birth incidence. They are, however more rare due to the fact that they are much more obvious targets for predators with such a bummer birth-mark. Everything from horned owls to cougars are more apt to see and thereby capture the white standouts. I would imagine that there should be interest expressed by a museum. It seems a shame for a prize of that stature to wind up in a den for viewing by an individual and their pals. If I can find a home for it, I will be glad to mount it for an institution at no charge and surrender the fees to you for the pelt.

Hey Mike

This response submitted by George on 4/6/02. ( ) 205.188.208.107

Albinos are about the same degree of strangeness as your TCP/IP numbers being the same as Don's. Whatever WHAT EVER is supposed to mean.

Traped

This response submitted by Frank E. Kotula on 4/7/02. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.163.183.134

Looks like Dawson was got by the TCP/IP # police

YA ya whose caught like a rat now.

what is going on with the "shadowy" IP address.

This response submitted by Paul on 4/7/02. ( ) 152.3.234.157

Makes one wonder who one can trust on here and who's not being deceptive.

george

This response submitted by don on 4/8/02. ( ) 63.126.213.67

mike works for me,so the mystery is solved as far as the
same tcp/ip number.as far as whatever means he just shruged
his shoulders,my guess is your response was a little above
his head ha-ha.

and frank i dont feel caught like a rat should i ?
have a nice day!

Email me if you wish to sell the albino beaver.

This response submitted by Larry on 4/9/02. ( ruffus50158@netscape.net ) 209.255.127.15

I would be interested in the albino beaver if you decide to sell it. If so please email me.

Thanks
Larry

ITS MINE!

This response submitted by MICHEAL on 4/10/02. ( IM NOT SELLING IT! ) 64.33.138.144

ITS MY ALBINO BEAVER!

F**K YOU AS*HOLES!

IF YOUR CURIOUS I AM GOING TO MAKE GLOVES AND A HAT OUT OF THE THING!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

please forward picture

This response submitted by Doug on 4/22/02. ( touristtrap@onlink.net ) 209.105.219.69

Hello;

love to see a picture of it - I will credit you and the beaver at my site. www.bonecollectors.com

regards

yes

This response submitted by Jarrod on 02/14/2003. ( ) 162.127.9.6

they are very rare, and you can easily get 250 out of it

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu