turning small mammal ears

Submitted by terryr on 04/18/2004 at 00:47. ( ) 12.160.152.141

i have already read the multiple replies in 'search' - i have been having a dickens of a time on coyotes and foxes - i can get most but not clear to the tip - i have tried injecting with some success bur i can't get that last little bit - i have used a blunt probe and sometimes this works but i almost always teat the skin - i have a hard time seeing where the tip is when the ear is inverted - help!

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

coming soon

This response submitted by wetnwild on 04/18/2004 at 07:30. ( ) 24.128.109.191

When production is under way shortly, we have come out with a small mammal ear opener that should do the trick. You can see it under Glen Connelys site . Will keep you updated. As for now, just patience and a sharp knife, or another little trick Bill gaither told me about is a small wooden cuticle thingamabob that women use for pushing down cuticles on their fingers. AsK THE WIFE OR GIRLFRIEND TO SHOW IT TO YA!

Tom,

This response submitted by Todd B on 04/18/2004 at 09:57. ( ) 4.225.8.246

You forgot to post Glens address. Don't worry I got you covered.
www.whitetaildesignersystems.com

Todd B

I goofed.

This response submitted by Todd B on 04/18/2004 at 10:09. ( ) 4.225.8.246

here is the address.
http://www.whitetaildesignersystems.homestead.com/files/index.html

Tom Voyer's Small Mammal Ear Openers

This response submitted by Glen Conley on 04/18/2004 at 12:22. ( g.conley@verizon.net ) 67.200.29.107

are featured on the Taxidermy Industry Announcements page of www.hidetanning.net. Photos of his prototype are there, along with any contact information you might need.

As new information becomes available, Tom will send it to me, and I will update the article. I suspicion Tom is going to have a winner.

Tom is actively seeking a manufacturing company to do some form of mass production. Individuals associated with such a company might wish to approach Tom as a potential manufacturer.

Sorry about the confusion of location of the article, but the websites are linked back and forth. Using the link Mr. Edwards has graciously provided will take you right in.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu