Leopard Rug Mount Full body NEED VALUE to sell

Submitted by Tom Eggers on 07/02/2004 at 17:57. ( teggers@impulse.net ) 207.154.80.163

I am not an outdoorsman or collector by far. I aquired this Leopard Rug Mount when I bought a sealed storage unit. I would like to sell it but need some help putting a value on it. Total length from tip to tip 84". Has padded underside with a brown canvas like material. I have several pictures that I can email. Should I put it on ebay? Local paper? Any helpful comments are appreciated. Tom

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

Local Paper

This response submitted by Old Fart on 07/02/2004 at 21:21. ( ) 64.122.57.92

List it in a local(large city) paper. It is illegal to sell it to anyone in another state. Check with your state Fish and Game first to find out if it is OK to sell it in your state. You didn't specify where you are so it would be impossible to give you any idea if it is legal or not.

Be Careful!

This response submitted by Ernie on 07/03/2004 at 07:35. ( ) 65.167.45.91

Leopards are CITIES Class 1 and should not be taken for granted. Call your regional Federal Fish And Game Commission and get the facts befor you try to sell this animal. No one needs to get in trouble with the feds. When these animals are importet they are cleared and released into a state and cannot be removed from that state. It doesn't sound like you have the proper paper work to have this skin.
Does it have a cities tag on it? Not sure if you legally own this the way you obtained it. In fact you may have violated federal regs if it was baught and transported out of the original cleared destination. Good Luck. My advise is don't mess with it. Untilyou get the facts from the federal Fish and Game than get the information from your state Game commission. Either way be careful.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu