Old Fart

Submitted by Hank on 07/07/2004 at 19:31. ( ) 64.12.116.68

Thanks for responding to my bear your opinion question. You spoke of a jaw cup, what is the difference between it and a jaw set. Is the form prep. different? Thanks

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

McKenzie Catalog

This response submitted by Old Fart on 07/07/2004 at 23:20. ( ) 64.122.57.61

McKenzie carries the jaw cup in their catalog, so you can take a look at it there. Form prep involves buying a closed mouth form(this has been my experience) and then opening the mouth to fit the cup. Most open mouth forms are too large to work with the jaw cup. I use the jaw cup in all my bears, including rugs.

McKenzie

This response submitted by Old Fart on 07/07/2004 at 23:22. ( ) 64.122.57.61

Check out the jaw cup in the McKenzie catalog, the pictures will be a better explaination than I can give you here. There is a BIG difference between a jaw cup and a jaw set, accuracy being a major one. Usually with a lifesize bear you will have to start with a closed mouth form. Most open mouth forms are not correctly shaped to install the cup. It is just easier to start with the closed mouth form to begin with, or at least a closed mouth change out head.

Thanks

This response submitted by Hank on 07/08/2004 at 16:16. ( ) cache-dtc-ac10.proxy.aol.com

Thanks again

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu