coyote with missing "parts"

Submitted by Jeanette Hall on 07/16/2004 at 01:53. ( eagle93245@yahoo.com ) 63.86.173.203

I just finished skinning out a nice coyote. When I got to his male parts I found that he is missing testicles completely. I found many bite marks on him and there is a wound to the side of where the testicles should be. There is no evindence of them even existing (ie there is no hairless patch or sack at all). My question is: would this specimen be suitable as a show quality animal? Otherwise he is in great condition and a pretty light blonde color to boot. Could I graft parts on him to make it appear that he is intact? Has anyone come across a coyote with the same dilema? I have time to think about what to do with him since he is my own animal. Any ideas?

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

Jeanette

This response submitted by George on 07/16/2004 at 08:43. ( georoof@aol.com ) cache-mtc-ac08.proxy.aol.com

IF you decide to mount it for competition, you'd better leaved a sealed envelope "For Judge" to explain the physical disparity of the yote. I once took a big ding for a skunk I entered in my state show. The judge deducted 5 points for "no genitalia". You shoulda seen his face when I asked if I was supposed to give the skunk a sex change in order to enter the piece. Seems the "male" skunk he was judging was a female skunk. I still didn't get the 5 points back.

Speaking of that, did your package make it home in the cooler? LOL

How Much Hair?

This response submitted by Old Fart on 07/16/2004 at 09:14. ( ) 64.122.57.19

If your coyote has the hair that our Minnesota coyotes have you won't need to do anything, except keep the tail down! LOL

George I can equal your judge story. A friend of mine entered a fox pup in competition. But her score sheet got dinged real bad for inside ear color. So when she asked the judge, "What color should they be?" His response was. "I don't know?". Again no credit restored, it cost a first place ribbon. It's been a few years, but it was at an NTA National Convention.

We do have measures in place for that OF

This response submitted by George on 07/16/2004 at 10:21. ( ) cache-mtc-ac08.proxy.aol.com

Any discrepancy like you just mentioned can and SHOULD be resolved on the spot. The competitor can and will be given a rejudging by another judge if there is a disagreement such as that. I'm sorry to hear it happened, but as you've seen lately, we (the NTA) make every attempt to provide competitors with an unbiased, objective score regardless of the situation.

Thank you

This response submitted by Jeanette on 07/16/2004 at 11:36. ( ) 63.86.173.153

I was emailed by a friend who can provide me with the part that I (or my coyote rather) need. I think it would just be easier to take a picture with an explanation as you suggested, George. This coyote is so blonde he is almost white. I think he would make a pretty mount. Besides, I think everyone has seen my nuts at the show and knows that I have that part of the anatomy down to an art!

BTW, did you get my email George? I sent you a picture and thanked you for my squirrels. They made it home frozen and I'll be starting on them next week. Thanks again!

No Jeanette

This response submitted by George on 07/16/2004 at 13:37. ( ) cache-mtc-ac08.proxy.aol.com

No mail from you, but RW did send me the "goodest" of the pictures. LOL.

WHAT!?

This response submitted by Jeanette on 07/16/2004 at 15:15. ( ) 63.86.173.175

I told Randal the pictures of our midnight pillow fight were not for public viewing. I sent you a picture of us after the banquet dinner. Funny, I don't remember how your hand ended up on my buttocks, but (no pun intended) there it is in the picture! I'll send it to you again. LOL!

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu