coyote rug

Submitted by nick on 2/2/05 at 11:04 AM. ( ) 69.204.50.119

I'am going to try my fist attempt at making a coyote rug or any rug for that matter.I looked through the archives and still have a few questions.Do you fill the tail or leave it flat.I know you have to sew or glue around the coyote but what about the head.I'am doing a open mouth one.How do you do the head do you just glue it on or sew it.If so how.Also what about sewing around the feet.Any help would be great.Thanks.Nick

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

my thoughts

This response submitted by lee on 2/2/05 at 4:21 PM. ( ) 66.119.34.60

if i were you id send it to b-js rugs and let them do the work. unless you just want to do it yourself. i tried it once and found i got a better finished product if i sent it out. good luck

Coyote rugging tips

This response submitted by Mary Hilliard-Krueger on 2/2/05 at 5:18 PM. ( halflingrugger@cox.net ) 68.2.168.153

Hey Nick, I am a proefessional rugmaker for the industry and would be glad to help you out.Machine sewing the felt to the rug is definitly the best way to go. Make sure the tail is split open and leave it flat.A heavy duty hot glue for attaching the head form to the felt is the way to go, then add a few wood screws around the felt into form to assure yourself of no separation. Small amounts of heavy duty hot glue on the pads or just below them, to attach to the felt works fine, you can re-inforce with a few stitches through the felt and leather.Call or e-mail me if you have any more questions or I'ld be glad to send you a price list.
Mary's Wholesale Rugmaking : 623-582-0237
Mary :)

mary

This response submitted by nick on 2/2/05 at 7:33 PM. ( ) 64.179.79.33

Thanks for the info.I will try and do it the way you say to.I just want to try one on my own.Got to learn sometime.Thanks again

Nick...

This response submitted by Mary Hilliard-Krueger on 2/2/05 at 10:21 PM. ( halflingrugger@cox.net ) 68.2.168.153

... You are more than welcome! Give me a call or drop an e-mail if you run into any problems.
Best Regards,
Mary

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu