mta convention, entering youth division

Submitted by Matt on 2/7/05 at 6:45 PM. ( )

I would like to attend the michigan taxidermist association convention next month and was wondering do i have to be a member to go or can anyone go and how much is it. I have been doin taxidermy for almost two years now and my recent mount was a badger shown below. I would like to enter the youth division for mammals but i was wondering do i have to be a member to enter competitions or can i become a member now and still enter a piece in it next month.

I would be in the 13-15 year old division if i could enter and was wondering if this mount looks good enough to place in the top three as i have never attented one of these shows before. So feel free to give me your honest opinion on this badger.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

maybe these pics u can click on

This response submitted by Matt on 2/7/05 at 7:01 PM. ( )

well that didn't work either

This response submitted by Matt on 2/7/05 at 7:02 PM. ( )

if u could, would u mind takin the time to copy and paste to check them out. Thanks

look up above

This response submitted by Randal R. Waites on 2/7/05 at 9:06 PM. ( )

Matt, look up above, and click on the associations link, go to the Michigan web site, send in the membership form, with the membership fee, and ask that a Convention Packet be sent to you, there will be everything in there you need.

no pictures

This response submitted by Mr. T on 2/7/05 at 9:17 PM. ( )

Sorry Matt, the links will not work for me. Yes you have to be member to compete. Membership is $35 for a year. A $5 entry fee is applied regardless of the number of mounts that you bring to the show. You can go to the MTA web site for information. I plan on going myself for the first time. Hope to see you there.

See you there

This response submitted by Doug Bridges on 2/7/05 at 10:08 PM. ( )

check out the MTA web site at

Yes you have to be a member. You will get your 35$ worth. From the picts that I looked at you will do fine. Don't worry about placing. If you do you do, if not you will learn why.

I would be happy to answer any questions. My phone is on the web site. By the way, you can register and become a member when you enter your mount on wednesday. You must enter your mount on Wednesday. see the competition rules for more infor.

Great Job

This response submitted by Danny on 2/8/05 at 11:51 AM. ( )

Matt, terrific job. You have some real artistic talent. The competition will help you hone your technical skills. Keep at it, and you'll be a great taxidermist. Have fun.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu