coyote artificial noses

Submitted by terryr on 2/18/05 at 1:35 AM. ( ) 12.34.180.157

have starting using artificial noses all the time and have a couple of problems with tanned skins pulling away - i am using Epo-Grip #30 to glue skin to nose - skin is pulling away when it dries - not much about a 1/16th of an inch - how should i glue differently (super glue?) - what do you guys (gals) use to fill in the gap - apozie sculpt doesn't give me a very good look

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

this is what i do

This response submitted by jimsoverns on 2/18/05 at 2:53 AM. ( ironlady8@msn.com ) 65.54.98.30

i also use the artificial nose and it seems to work out okay,,i usually skin the nose out until it becomes annoying,,clip off the cartliege and cut an X across the nose pad,,leaving the nose skin still attached,,when i slip the skin over i pin the edge of the nose where it should be and finish the mount,,,and trim the nose skin to where it over laps the artificial nose by about a quarter of an inch,and let the mount dry,,,then i go back and dampen the nose skin and trim it to meets the artificail nose ,,glue down with Epo-Grip and smooth the gap with epoxie sculp and paint,,,,,hope this helps ,,,,jim

super glue

This response submitted by lee on 2/18/05 at 9:39 AM. ( ) 216.148.246.156

i use regular old super glue and i have never had any problem whatsoever. Has to be thinned well though.
lee

dry it good 1st

This response submitted by paul on 2/18/05 at 4:06 PM. ( ) 68.83.60.41

make sure your skin is properlt thinned, and then using a blow dryer
make sure the edges of the skin getting glued are dry

Need to rough up the artificial nose...

This response submitted by Craig on 2/19/05 at 8:35 PM. ( ) 66.66.226.122

a little with a dremel tool where the skin gets glued just like you would on a duck head. I like the Zap-A-Gap glue.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu