altering bobcat form

Submitted by bruce on 2/21/05 at 12:14 PM. ( ) 206.114.49.3

i have a bobcat with carcass measurements that are 17 x 30. the form i am using is 18 x 30. my question is in regards to altering the form and what is the best way to make it fit. should i cut in half down the spine, shave some off each side and then put it back together or can i just shave some some off of the form all the way around while its in one piece and get it down to 17"

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

I'd test fit it before I ever cut a form that close

This response submitted by George on 2/21/05 at 12:37 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 205.188.116.133

Cat skin has a good bit of stretch anyway. I'd almost bet it would fit.

me too

This response submitted by mimes on 2/21/05 at 2:44 PM. ( ) 64.233.135.38

I am with Yoda on this one, I will almost guarantee that cat will fit your form. Bobcats have so much stretch i am not scared to order a form an inch longer and more in girth. Test fit first, and if it does not fit, just cut the form in half and take out half an inch to one inch in the middle. Good luck!

cat form..

This response submitted by Travis on 2/22/05 at 1:12 AM. ( ) 130.76.96.14

I agree with the other guys about seeing if you can pull an extra inch out of it. It shouldn`t be a problem...but if ya have to take a little off it`s best to take it off the lower chest and belly area...That`s where the longer fur is so ya won`t loose any of the proportions of the form...especially with just an inch...good luck

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu