Goat Ears

Submitted by Mike on 2/21/05 at 5:40 PM. ( ) 68.37.210.155

I'm mounting a Spanish Goat for the first time. I am use to mounting animals that have ears that stand up, and I normally use earliners. These ears flop. Can anyone give me some information on how to finish these ears?
Thanks
Mike

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

they are all different

This response submitted by samantha on 2/21/05 at 6:29 PM. ( ) 211.27.78.205

Goat ears vary with the animal and i do all mine with bondo.

Spanish goat?

This response submitted by Hogger on 2/22/05 at 2:04 AM. ( ) 4.7.214.126

I've mounted a bunch of them. The Spanish Goats I am familiar with have small ears (3 to 4" long) that, for the most part don't hang or flop. They stand up and out, much like whitetail deer ears. They bondo up nicely. If your goat has big floppy ears then we're looking at different goats. I have seen spanish goats with the small ears mounted and the ears were hanging and to me they just look goofy. The Spanish goats ears are perky and even when relaxed they don't hang like say a nubian goat ears might.

Strange

This response submitted by Mike on 2/23/05 at 11:34 AM. ( ) 68.236.206.124

I mounted alot of goats and sheep also, but they all had short ears. Maybe this one is a freak. I'll check with the customer to see what he prefers. I don't know what's going to look goofier, mounted up, or leaving them floppy. Now if he wants the ears mounted floppy, how would you suggest I do that.
Thanks
Mike

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu