coyote with squirrel in jaws

Submitted by ryan on 12/14/05 at 6:54 PM. ( rjrtaxidermy@yahoo.com ) 68.230.139.205

I tried finding some info with the search button, but couldnt locate any. is ther a Breakthrough that describes the best method for doing a mount like this? a customer wants a coyote with a red squirrel in his mouth, should the squirrel be mounted first to fit the jawset? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

not the same critters but....

This response submitted by samantha on 12/14/05 at 9:09 PM. ( ) 211.27.82.34

I recently mounted a fox and rabbit the same way.
I mounted the OM fox first then mounted the rabbit.

When mounting the rabbit i cut the abdomen out of the form and used soft spongey foam that would squeeze between the foxes jaws.
I also had an internal wire connecting the top half of rabbit to the botom half and a wire comming from the rabbits abdomen that pushed down into the foxes throat to keep it stable.

Hope that helps some.

I have used jute

This response submitted by Ryan on 12/15/05 at 9:16 AM. ( ) 70.100.236.115

for the squirrel body, put a little wire in the legs, tail and what not so they hold to where you want them. Then the body can be squished around and has a natural dead look. As far as the head goes, I cut one off of a form I had laying around and then put a piece of wire going from the head into the body. Also I put a little dot of blood red where the k9 tooth hit the squirrel and it looked pretty darn good.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu