Rat forms- do they exist?

Submitted by RD on 12/26/05 at 4:32 PM. ( cozmicgal79@hotmail.com ) 81.79.80.101

I have been stuffing my rats with sawdust/cotton etc, but I'd really like to know if you can buy commercial rat forms. It would make life a lot easier! I'm in the UK, but I'm interested in any company that might do mail order forms. Does anyone know a supplier of rat forms? Any advice would be appreciated!

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

other rodents...

This response submitted by R. Lee on 12/27/05 at 12:32 AM. ( ) 209.247.222.85

Never heard of rat forms, but you might be able to alter a really small squirrel form to fit a rat.

there were a couple of brothers

This response submitted by B2 on 12/27/05 at 1:45 PM. ( beaumont2@earthlink.net ) 192.156.54.34

that had some they had made from carcass casting on this forum sometime this past summer. i had looked at th and had them send me some pics, but i cannot remember thier names.

if you try the search button to the left of the screen you should be able to find thier posts.

B2

umm...

This response submitted by Sam on 12/27/05 at 5:41 PM. ( ) 207.177.14.30

I think their names were Stanley and Elic Kirby, they now sell quite a few mounts through ebay.

rat forms

This response submitted by Ellie on 12/29/05 at 3:57 PM. ( ) 65.34.82.23

No pre-made rat forms exist, and squirrel forms simply do not work (I've learned this the hard way). Squirrels have much longer legs than rats do, and therefore the legs on the form are not the right size for the leg skin of a rat. You could possibly cut the form down a lot, but I find it easier just to make my own.

What I do is I make the rat's form out of alluminum foil, and then wrap it with masking tape to make it more smooth. I use wire for the legs and tail. Hope this helps!

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu