Help with grey fox.

Submitted by Josh on 1/16/06 at 1:18 PM. ( joshsteele77@hotmail.com ) 12.153.199.163

I am new to taxidermy. I have a great grey fox for my first project. Was just wanting a little input on whether or not to just do a shoulder mount first or go ahead and try lifesize. Any input would be great.

Josh

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

100% of taxidermy

This response submitted by Mr.T on 1/16/06 at 10:33 PM. ( ) 64.31.6.6

Is making you're own decisions. But here are a few tips. If this fox is nice, and it means something to you, start with a lesser quality animal or the fox will just be fodder and not so nice when you are done with the first attempt. Notice I did not say mount, I said attempt. In addition, since you are learning, why not try the whole enchilada? What do you have to lose? You are learning, correct? Jump in with both feet; do a live size and you will be farther ahead that way. Then take that nice fox after you have done a dozen attempts, and make it a blue ribbon mount.

Josh

This response submitted by Jim B on 1/16/06 at 10:34 PM. ( ) 207.200.116.74

I think you should do the shoulder mount first.It's a lot easier.Save the lifesize till you have a few small projects under your belt.

Thanks

This response submitted by Josh on 1/17/06 at 8:18 PM. ( joshsteele77@hotmail.com ) 65.7.47.93

Just wanted to say thanks for the help guys. Just kindof looking for the best place to start. I have been wearing the Orange button out for about two months now and doing alot of research. Going to order my first supplies this week and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu