Blac Bear Rug Price

Submitted by Eric on 1/16/06 at 5:38 PM. ( ) 64.33.147.208

I'm currently helping my family go through some of my fathers items, and came across a black bear rug. Open mouth mount, felt backing. Nose to tail measures appx 75". Appx. 68" accross front claws, 60" across back, mid section appx 40". Hair is in good order, some black color wore off the nose. If they want to sell, what would be a fair price to ask?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

Bear Rug Price

This response submitted by Leapin on 1/16/06 at 6:31 PM. ( ) 24.255.234.79

I get $700 to do a bear rug. You can go from there. Full head, open mouth, double felt, and grommets or rod holders for hanging.

Yes, But which way do you Go

This response submitted by Tenbears on 1/17/06 at 12:37 AM. ( ) 64.12.116.73

It is almost impossible to appraise something you have never seen. I recently did a grizzly rug for a fellow that the bill came to $1700.00 and to be truthfully he would have no trouble getting 2500.00 or more for it. On the other hand a fellow from Michigan brought by a grizzly rug to have some repairs done. I told him the cost of making the head look good again would exceed the value of the rug. It would have cost the gent about $200.00 to repair. He could not understand because he did not think the rug was in bad shape. Take the rug to a reputable Taxidermist, or appraiser and pay the appraisal fee. that way you will know it's worth, and won't have any problems. Should you decide to sell it.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu