USPS problems

Submitted by Mark on 1/23/06 at 2:09 PM. ( Mitrooper27@yahoo.com ) 69.208.117.135

I just need to vent my fustration with USPS. I sent out a frozen coyote and mink to NY last Tues. Some how it ended up it Texas of all places, needless to say Im sure that box STINKS by now. Anyone else having problems with them? www.natures-reflection.com

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

USPS

This response submitted by steve on 1/23/06 at 3:13 PM. ( ) 64.12.116.136

Hi Mark, the usps has screwed my stuff up a few times, The worst was when i sent out a pkg w/ delivery confirmation, almost 6 weeks later it got confirmed delivered to the wrong address, never again. I dont have any problems with ups..........take care........steve

UPS

This response submitted by Angelo G. on 1/23/06 at 3:58 PM. ( ) 67.102.181.147

Using the post office may be cheaper in some cases but it's deffinitely not worth the risk or the aggravation. I learned my lesson a long time ago about that. Since then i just opened an account with UPS. The rates are just about the same if not cheaper to get things there in 2 to 3 days. And if the recipient is in the same zone as you, it usually gets there the next day. Its easy to set up an account and i never have a problem with them. I use them for my other business and we ship 600 packages on a slow week. Maybe i get 1 or 2 problems here and there but its usually due to data entry being wrong.

USPS sends slow and charges high rates if you want it there faster. They can keep them.

Yall have a lovely day.

usps

This response submitted by Jennifer on 1/23/06 at 5:42 PM. ( ) 209.181.15.195

On January 6th I ordered beetles from a guy who sells them less than an eight hour drive from our place. Two weeks later I still don't have my bugs, so I call the guy thinking it's too cold to ship or some other good excuse. He tells me he shipped on the 7th and I should have had them by now!
So I go to the post office and ask and they know NOTHING! So I go home and call the toll free number to complain, they tell me to call back on the 25th! To file a claim!
Oh you bet I will!
Meanwhile new bugs should be here soon. UPS

Snail mail

This response submitted by Crusty on 1/23/06 at 5:53 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.148

Last summer a buddy sent me some FRESH killed beef, still wiggling, by 2nd day express from Montana to Alaska. 2-1/2 weeks later my receptionist called me and said to get the smelly #%@^ing box off her desk. No more post office for me. UPS or DHL.......

Don't go there.

This response submitted by George on 1/23/06 at 5:54 PM. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.100.136

UPS is not sugar coating either. And if they screw up, REGARDLESS, it's your fault. Last year, I froze 6 gobbler heads at -10 degrees for about 3 weeks. I had them stacked together to fit a styrofoam box within a cardboard box. A week before I mailed them, I put the styrofoam box inside the freezer and the next day put the turkey heads inside of it. On a Monday, I quickly took the heads/styrofoam box out, put it in the cardboard box and went to UPS. I sent it INSURED next day air to Tommy Armstrong in Mississippi. They were a gift to him so I sort of forgot about it. When I didn't hear from Tommy, I called him that Saturday and he said he hadn't seen them. I go to the web and track them. They're sitting on a dock where they have been for the last 3 days in Norman, Oklahoma. I call UPS. I'm told they can't find that address in Norman and I explain that it's no damned wonder since the address is Sturgis Mississippi. On Monday, I track them again and now they're in Ponchatoula, Louisianna. I raise hell again and on Wednesday, 9 days after paying $27 for next day deliver, they get to Tommy- slimey and rotten. I filed a complaint. Wanna guess what my form letter states? My shipment was delayed by "poor and improper packaging". The whole box was only 6x6x6 and I sent a blistering reply to the jerk whose name was on the form letter. I never got a refund. So don't tell me UPS is any better than anyone else.

UPS

This response submitted by Crusty on 1/23/06 at 6:58 PM. ( ) 209.165.183.148

is what we've always had the best luck with up here. I'm sending a box to JJ next week, and UPS is what he requested. I think with any of them, if it spoils, too bad so sad.......

USPS sucks / totally unreliable

This response submitted by Ron on 1/23/06 at 7:00 PM. ( ) 24.136.226.237

They get 3 shipments on time and then they lose something and it ends up on the wrong side of the country.

Save yourself worry and wrinkles. UPS or Fedex.

USPS has lost one too many shipments of mine.

What about

This response submitted by steved on 1/24/06 at 5:25 AM. ( aaa_taxidermy@yahoo.com ) 68.169.25.254

DHL, has anyone tried them, if so, Good luck? Bad Luck? I don't know any thing about them so id be interested in what dealings others have had with service, rates, reliability, ect. It seams that we all have the same problems with the things we ship. I realize this is part of the risk we face sending perishable items, and we should probably expect it, but that doesn't mean we should accept it. We would probably be better off going back to the Pony Express days, LOL.

DHL sucks too

This response submitted by Rich on 1/24/06 at 9:11 AM. ( finfeathr@aol.com ) 152.163.100.136

I bought a fox from a seller on this site, and when it didnt arrive when quoted, I assumed he waited till the following week to ship..then a call from DHL, telling me that they had a stinky box. It was delayed and misrouted..I meet the lady at the loading ramp, she tells me that they arent responsible for replacement since they dont accept animal parts for shipment..but she would appreciate me getting rid of the box..I walked 2 steps past her, and put it in the wastebasket right there and said "youre welcome" and left.
2 weeks ago they botched another shipment that was coming to me..then they left it at the post office for me to pickup? Go figure...

The way it is

This response submitted by Aaron Honeycutt on 1/24/06 at 9:21 AM. ( mhoneyATmindspringDOTcom ) 207.69.3.194

You pay your money and you take your chances****All carriers screw up somewhere every day and it will happen when you needed it most it seems. I worked for the Pissed Office for 24 years and I could fill a book with the horrible screw ups I saw. It's amazing to me that the system even exists today as the gestapo tactics of the management make for so much stress- no wonder to me guys come to work with the guns----wow, sorry to stray but brings back bad memories. Think I'll go skin a duck and cool out.-Aaron H.

USPS, whatever

This response submitted by Rick on 2/1/06 at 9:06 AM. ( ) 134.233.132.6

I so hate USPS.. My girlfried (AZ) sent me a letter a month and a half ago to me (Germany), still nothing... My mom sent me a package a month ago, still nothing... I made an order from a very reliable company (several orders through them) (Hong Kong) 3 wks ago, still nothing... wtf?! Hell, my buddy here is getting every package he's ordered within 1 weeks time. I don't get it, and I wish USPS had tracking numbers that they'd give to the shipping company so you could bitch at them fudgers for taking their god-damned time...

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu