What are they worth?

Submitted by Donna on 8/9/06 at 12:05 AM. ( dreamcatchertaxidermy@juno.com ) 4.229.3.42

There is a Museum here in town that has contacted me wanting to know if I would be interested in purchasing some mounts they have stored away in the basement. I have pictures of these mounts and some info.
They are all atleast 20 years old and do show some wear and tear. Damaged ears / bald spots / claws & toes missing.. Also all are on a base of one kind or another... Rocks and so on
There is a lifesize Bull Moose Damage - None
2 Cougars - Damage Cougar 1- fur missing from side of head next to ear.. Ear tips split open - Cougar 2 dusty and needs paint touch ups
2 Jaguars - Damage Jag#1 fur missing from snarl wrinkles / needs paint
1 lifesize Polar Bear - Damage missing toe from front paw / needs paint
1 Lifesize Black bear - Damage-toe missing from front paw/needs paint
1 lifesize brown bear- Damage- toe broken off but still there/ear tips split open / lips pull from slot
You can see pics at http://www.geocities.com/bayou_lullaby/museum.html
Can someone give me an idea what each mount is worth...
Thanks and I look forward to replies.
Donna

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu

none

This response submitted by - on 8/9/06 at 12:28 AM. ( ) 216.144.8.72

None of them except the moose are worth anything without their correct permits. The jaguars, polar bear, etc. all need special permits besides a regular CITES.

Lets Say

This response submitted by Donna on 8/9/06 at 12:41 AM. ( Same as above ) 4.229.6.92

Lets say I've done my home work... Know that they need permits / CITES and even spoken to the DNR... What are they Worth?

not much

This response submitted by gary on 8/9/06 at 12:57 PM. ( ) 206.114.49.2

the aging and poor taxidermy make them worth next to nothing, they look terrible. the moose looks ok but the antlers are pinned incorrectly and about ready to fall off the head because they are layed out so flat. unless you can get a bargain basement price and have a buyer lined up i would not touch them with a 10' pole.

Return to Lifesize Mammal Taxidermy Category Menu