Tucking lips on an open mouth coyote

Submitted by Barry on 12/27/99. ( barry03@yahoo.com ) 4.14.55.153

Can someone tell me the appropriate way to tuck the lips on an open mouth coyote mount...??? I wasn't sure if there is a special way to do this with an artificial jaw set in place. Thanks for any help!!
-Barry

Return to Category Menu

open mouth

This response submitted by mike on 12/27/99. ( the_taxidermist@yahoo.com ) 208.46.229.76

Barry-
Trim the lip skin to meet the base of the gums.
Then you can super glue them in place(use accelerator), or
pack the channel between the gums and muzzle with clay, which
can be dug out after everything is dry.
I like superglue; but he clay will work.
mike

Superglue to wet hide..??

This response submitted by Barry on 12/28/99. ( ) 63.25.198.174

Mike,
Will superglue adhere to a wet hide...??? Do you use the gel or the liquid..?? Where can I find an accelerator. When I've used the liquid superglue around artificial bills, it seems like the last thing I needed was an accelerator...I barely had time to get the skin pulled up before the stuff starting getting hard!! Can you reccommend a brand...???
-Thnx, Barry

Superglue to wet hide..??

This response submitted by Barry on 12/28/99. ( ) 63.25.198.174

Mike,
Will superglue adhere to a wet hide...??? Do you use the gel or the liquid..?? Where can I find an accelerator. When I've used the liquid superglue around artificial bills, it seems like the last thing I needed was an accelerator...I barely had time to get the skin pulled up before the stuff starting getting hard!! Can you reccommend a brand...???
-Thnx, Barry

Zap-a-gap

This response submitted by Craig Rusin on 12/28/99. ( CRtracker@aol.com ) 24.92.226.21

Try this type of glue. It's similiar to super glue but doesn't leave the white residue. It does stick to a damp hide and gives you about 2-3 minutes working time. It now comes in gel also. Check McKenzie Supply.

Return to Category Menu